• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is short and very informative and explanatory title for such resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello Everyone,

What should we describe when someone create a campaign with same maps as original but you play the other side?
for example "The Fall of Silvermoon" but you play sylvanas side and arthas becomes AI
or "Destiny of frost and flames" but you play Illidan side. etc.

A mirror campaign? or there is better way to describe it? it not alternate universe because it happens on the same universe and same map, just from the other side point of view.

I found "mirror" term used here Deep Sea

The reason I ask this is because i want the user to understand what the campaign is about on the fly. the term Mirror seems very ambiguous and not intuitively understood. I wanted another more clear term that is understood by common user.

also, I do not want to name it after one chapter because I do many chapters (so its not just sylvanas campaign and also not just Illidan campaign)

what do you think?

Last edited:
Level 16
Maybe something like.
The Fall of Silvermoon [Play Sylvanas]
but my point was it is not limited to this chapter

You play humans side in the orc campaign
you play sylvanas side in undead campaign,
you play Naga side in NE campaign (TFT)
and you play illidan side in undead campaign

basically you play the original campaign but from the other side (the defender side).

your suggestion only works for one map not the whole campaign :S

I guess I will just name it original campaign and put what you said on each map (cry of warsong- human side etc)

Last edited:
Level 16
Last edited:
Level 20
Reversed kinda sounds like you were playing the missions in the reverse order. Or maybe it's just me.

I'd go with something simple like: "Path of the Damned (High Elf POV)" or "High Elves: Path of the Damned".

Level 2
I think that initialization beyond most common in everyday usage is bad, because most people won't understand it. Also label should be simple and short.
"[campaign-name] Scourge/Alliance/Horde side" should be a good enough name, where the description should further inform the player about the specific things.

Making such a thing would require a lot of touch to make the map appealing and if you wish to keep the story intact - should be made by 1 of the 2 ways.
You should play the position before the mission, to inform the player 'what happened so the mission you play in the original campaign to look like that' or to be a 'forced loss' on most maps or until certain criteria are met.

Honestly, strategy wise the original campaign are terrible, with a clear victor while everyone makes their plan and of course the play side prevails against all odds ... all the time.

Some form of realism would make it so much better, and historically most of the wars which were not completely one sided were based on much more then a direct confrontation and the reasons and winning goals never are obvious for uneducated person. Even most wars are counted as wins for one of the side, where it's so obvious that the 'end' was decided based on completely different factors in comparison to a single (or even sometimes multiple) battle results.
Examples from European history - The Greco-Persian Wars and the Winter War, from USA's history - Vietnam War.
All of them result in the bigger power ending the war and achieving their goals, most of the population of smaller country are proud of their victory, despite actually losing the war.

Level 16
"[campaign-name] Scourge/Alliance/Horde side" should be a good enough name, where the description should further inform
look at "The Scourge of Lordaeron - Enhanced" by teoz. the title itself is enough to understand the whole campaign w/o even reading the description.

Making such a thing would require a lot of touch to make the map appealing and if you wish to keep the story intact - should be made by 1 of the 2 ways.
You should play the position before the mission, to inform the player 'what happened so the mission you play in the original campaign to look like that' or to be a 'forced loss' on most maps or until certain criteria are met.

not sure what you are talking about here :eek:

Some form of realism would make it so much better, and historically most of the wars which were not completely one sided were based on much more then a direct confrontation and the reasons and winning goals never are obvious for uneducated person. Even most wars are counted as wins for one of the side, where it's so obvious that the 'end' was decided based on completely different factors in comparison to a single (or even sometimes multiple) battle results.
seems like an idea for another campaign.

my campaign idea is well set: the player is able to play against harder AI and can play the other side of the original campaign. and what I want here is idea for title :)

Status
Not open for further replies.