• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is more important on a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I guess many people thinks the games are good depending on his graphics or special effects. But, in my opinion a game would not be good without good graphics, but even more important to have a good story (obviously speaking of RPGs and adventure games.

My point is that if you take for example Final Fantasy VI or VII, has excelents graphics and is a good game itself. But if we take as another example Golden Sun of the Game Boy Advance (I do not think many people have heard of that game before) that is also an RPG, only that its graphics do not compare with the Final Fantasy, but if you take the graphics of Final Fantasy to Golden Sun, Final Fantasy would leave behind.

That's why in my opinion a good game that is based not only on his graphics, but also by it's history, so what do you think is more important: the graphics or the story?

I am for good gameplay, good history and story. For example, I love The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I will give a 6/10 for graphics, 8/10 history and 9.5/10 for gameplay. It made so that you can do almost all you want. Make poisons/potions. Enchant weapons/armor, explore a giant zone, steal/sell/buy things, you can also search through graves, and more that 500 quests to do. join many guild. If you kill a human bandit a a camp, he won't respawn, he will be dead for ever. And the best is the game has expansion. So Azsure, i agree.

Level 3
nice terrain and grafic really makes it better i can't understand what you mean, without people could just play little fighter :p

Level 14
Good to hear =)
I knew that you all would be agreed.
Hmm, I was thinking that I have found more old games with better stories than the new games, you know. Like if with the time the graphics are being upgraded but there are drought of good stories :S

Level 4
golden sun... is that the one with the dijins??

i thnk a game has gotta have a good story, graphics to me are not as higher priority. Also in an rpg the battle system has gotta be good, like final fantasy's:
-job/class system
-materia system (VII)
-junctioning system (VIII)
-ff IX's ability learn/equip system
etc.

a good inovative system is important to get a gamer hooked for the desire for power

Level 3
the good rpgs i phink it would have 2 things that The Dipl0mat say,the job/class system and the learn / equip system,but the most important is the Gameplay,like in D & D (yes,i played it) 6 / 10 for graphics(it is a page) 9 / 10 the history,in the book game,you make it and 10 / 10 for gameplay,but what make it really good is a Roleplay system,where you can do what you want(have an job,like trader,weaponsmith,armorsmith,etc...) and other things,like need to eat to survive,what make it more realistic,for this Reason i phink:what RPG or MMORPG contains this all? the Answer is:WoW,so if you played wow,you'll see what is a great rpg.

Level 4
yo i think its boring when a game gets too realistic because it stops being a game an becomes lyk a life, doing work in fable 2 was gay as because it was easy, boring, and time consuming. but drinking an eating is still good in the ryt kinda game, i love the unrealistic ATB battle systemsjus for the strategy, like in ff7 u would think a bullet would kill, but hey its jus a game

Level 6
Did you know that Green_Day_Dance (The creator of the most famous ORPG around WC3) Was inspired by Golden Sun, and it was his favorite RPG of all time. I loved Golden Sun as well. Graphics aren't that necessary to me, i even enjoyed playing NetHack.

Level 2
did Green_Day_Dance Create more than just Twiligts Eve? I love it a lot and really want to play some of the other games by him if any others.

Level 14
Short of Cash? lol
Anyway, thanks for the link. So it looks he's not a hive member, I guess that's why I couldn't find him.
Oh, damn it. It looks like I need a better wc3 patch if I want to play it, do someone knows where I can find one?

Level 4
when i first played it looked great and so... many features like stealin, merchentise, trap making... after 2hours of gamplay i got bored becouse it was bugg full and it was repetitive, some exemples are: the horse you can raid when it reaches an slope it stops and it even hads HANDBREAK? lol, and about the story: it starts cool with the caracter you created entering an great temple were in the middle is some sort of vortex of energy but afeter a time if you do the main quests you get bored wondering 20-25 times from an edge of the map to the other within 1-2hours and another thing at night time for exemple a qurter of the enemys killed by you are turning to gosts that almost invurnerable to normal weapons so you can imagine i was wandering in an desert returning to the nearest town while i encounted the drgon that took 10 minutes to kill back and almost invurnerable! So from this people can deduct why most of the new rpgs are based only on greater grafics and less on good gameplay.

Level 14
I just came with a better example of an excelent RPG: Mother 3
If you enjoy of an old school style RPG with average graphics, heartful songs and a story that will melt the heart of anyone who plays it, this is the game for you! Trust me, you will never feel sorry for play it after finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.