• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is good object ability for buff attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So far I'm looking at using Melee Cold Damage Bonus ('AIft') as that doesn't show up as an ability and can store the buff directly.

Unless Orb of Slow buff property can effect attacked unit directly? It'd save on some overhead for the Enabled Attack Index property.

If anyone knows which would have less overhead (less time to load and smaller size), please let me know.

Thanks ; D.

And yes, the difference in size really matters >: O. We're talking an object with 8000+ levels here =).

Also, Orb of Slow, like Melee Cold Damage, doesn't show up as a unit ability right? Not needing a spellbook is a major plus.

I'd also like help on choosing other abilities for stat bonuses and what not (the above would be a dummy ability for fully JASS'd buffs)-
Damage Return (%, abs)
Attack Speed (%, abs)
Life Regen (%, % total, abs)
Mana Regen (%, % total, abs)
Life (%, abs)
Mana (%, abs)
Miss (%)
Evade (%)
Feedback (%, abs)
Spell Immunity (%, abs)
Life Steal (%, abs)
Move Speed (%, abs)
Damage (%, abs)

and etc (w/e others I'm missing)

Tx ; D. I want to minimize use of spellbook ^_^.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Melee cold damage has smaller size I think. Since Orb can attack flying units with range, and Cold Damage cannot.

For the other question, you can use "Item Abilities". Meaning, let's say for attack speed, there's an item called Gloves of Haste. It has an ability to increase attack speed to a hero (15% I think). Add the ability to the unit you want to. This way, you can also level it up easly with some triggers. I tried it many times, and it turned out that units can have as much as ability as you want to, if it's an item ability, or if there's no Icon for it.

Level 31
Vunjo, I know about all of those, I'm just curious as to the ones with the absolute smallest sizes = ).

I could look them up myself, but they are the ones with the least data on them (no art, no icon, and etc) + ones that do not show up when added to the unit.

Again, I could look them up, but I'm too busy with other matters = ). These will be used within a system I'll be writing some time soon. Someone gathering a list for me would save me a great deal of time ; P.

Vunjo

Level 14
ergh, I don't really get it. What exactly do you mean by small size?
Also, it's like 2 minutes of searching or even less. I allready told you for attack speed, for damage check out Claws or whatever they are called and so on.
I am still telling you about these item abilities, cause they are easy to use, never lagg, and do almost anything you want to. It fits for systems.

Level 12
Vunjo.

1 penny isn't a lot.

But 8000 pennies is $80. (God, I hope my half-asleep math isn't wrong and make me look like a retard, lol)

$80 will get you something decently nice. It's a nice bit of cash to have around.

1 kb isn't much, but 8000 kb is around 8mb (For simplicity's sake, don't argue this). Which is the maximum file size for a wc3 map, bnet or not.

So, if one is HALF of 1 kb, then that would only be 4mb, which leaves much leeway.

So, what I am trying to say is, one might not be much of an issue, but 8000 would. That is why he's so picky on size.

1 leak won't kill you, 8000 leaks would crash harder than the Hindenburg.

Vunjo

Level 14
That is correct Vizel, but do you know any other way?
I am using this way in my RPG, and it don't lagg when using the system. The thing I done:
Increasing a summoned unit's Attack Damage, Armor, and Regeneration based on Intelligence of the caster using 1 trigger with few actions and variables, and using these Item Abilities.

Level 31
I just need an easy list of abilities of the smallest sizes, k tx ^_^.

Just tell me the folders its in and the abilities name as well as what it would be used for and mark if it shows up when added to a unit or not (prefer doesn't show up).

I wonder if Claws of Attack can have a buff on it. It'd be better than using Melee Cold Damage Bonus then.

The Melee Cold Damage Bonus thing was being used for Attack Indexing, which simply requires that the buff attached to the ability be applied to each attack (most lightweight ability as possible as this one has >8000 levels). Yes, attack indexing will add 8191 buffs to the map in order to work as well as an ability with 8191 levels >: D. Fuahahahaha. I already tested the overhead with 8000 buffs (load time, map load time, and map size), and it was surprisingly small, so I'm going forward with it ;P. The map loaded almost instantly. 8000 buffs had almost no effect on anything. The only thing that grew was going to the buffs tab in WE object editor (took forever to load).

The others are for the Bonus stuff (adding to unit properties).

Status
Not open for further replies.