• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What inspires you to continue creating maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I only create maps that I would myself play for fun, and my only inspiration is the game that awaits in the end of it all.
I stay with Warcraft III because nothing better is out yet IMHO. Not a fan of SC2's genre, and apparently the map editor blows right now.

How about you?

Level 7
I make maps for the same reason I write novels. To have some form of expression. Most of my maps are based on a story of some kind, or I work on other maps to try and make them better.

After I get started, I picture the happiness of players as they play my maps and have a good time. It is not that I want to be famous or anything, idc if they ever remember my name. I simply want people to have fun with my maps. It would be a shame if they DIDNT have fun with them.

Beyond that I have found that working the object editor gave me a basic understand of databases, learning the trigger editor gave me insight into very basic programming, and terraining expanded my imagination a bit. So they have helped my schooling a bit.

^this (but not the novels part:D)
also I used to play a map I made quite a while ago on Garena and got as many players as I can host with every time and most of the people who played it and enjoyed playing it so then I got inspired to keep on working on maps but eventually stopped and went into full modding and know that at least some people will enjoy what I have made in WE:).

Level 19
Well, I practically am in love with Warcraft III (And will continue to play it even while playing other advanced games), as well as the fact that now Hive and Blizzard accepts exports/imports from all their other games (World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, etc.), which means newer types of maps are finally possible!

Level 9
Well, I practically am in love with Warcraft III (And will continue to play it even while playing other advanced games), as well as the fact that now Hive and Blizzard accepts exports/imports from all their other games (World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, etc.), which means newer types of maps are finally possible!

Wait, what?!

Like others have said, I'd like to get something released. Besides, WC3 is the best and until they come out with WC4, I'll be sticking to it. Not a fan of Starcraft.

Level 19
And well, generally I kind of love creating things.

Whether it's music, art, triggers and absolutely anything!

This is especially great knowing that I'll be able to do this for my favorite game (Yes it is) and even if everybody is gone (Which I doubt would happen because in my opinion Warcraft III would live on forever) I'd still love to do it and do it out of interest:)

Plus, no matter how much people say about the Warcraft Lore, I find it rather interesting, from the beginning onwards.

Level 7
except for WoW.

overall i guess community has a lot to do with it. True, Dota community are all children who kick people on sight for little reason, and LOTR community is a drama fest, but overall war3 players are doing what they can to keep it alive.

The fact I never submitted anything 100% by me besides a few melee maps and a really bad altered melee. I've had this game almost since its release and it'd be sad to move on without a completed work.

Same goes with me.

One time you might find yourself so much bored and then after some time you wanna start making maps again. You start an AWESOMEOMGGREATIDEA map, then half way there you get bored again.

Level 19
Also, even if I were to start playing other games, Warcraft III would still be a constant game I'll be modding in and playing every once in a while (Actually very often), so yeah, Warcraft III's practically what we can call the complete game for me:)

Status
Not open for further replies.