• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What game mods do you want for DotA2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want so badly werewolf transylvania

But I will be really happy if
Resident Evil RPG
Tom and jerry
Jurassick Park Gold
Warlock

launch to dota2.

Reactions: Rui
Level 8
A similar map with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPP2ADmQ2pg

It is a map which I find very fun to play with mechanics that I find cool, with similar idea with DotA, but in the gladiator arena style. The map name is Anime Fight. Has names and skill similiar some anime characters, however do not used the arts.

Another map that I wish have in DotA 2, similar. It is the Pyramid Escape.

Level 3
ctf, capture point, arena (wow-styled) and some epic alterac valley-type game mode :)
...and rgp story lined campaigns with different heroes,

Level 19
Saying "I wanna see X" is a little bit wierd becauses youre just asking for a dumbed down gameplay on an enhanced graphics engine? I prefer to see new, unique ideas taking advantage of the full potential of the engine.

That being said, there are NO good RPGs in DotA 2 atm D: (mainly cause all the "polished" games are just really simple gametypes). WC3 was sweet cause there were thousands of RPGs with like 20-30 really playable ones. DotA has like.. 3 with 0 playable.

We also need a good vampirism. Petri Reborn is getting there but its like 99% russian people, only two levels of builders, unbalanced, etc.

Last edited:

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

• RC601
  • More of them...!

It would be better if there are stand-alone games converted from WC3 maps [mod].

Level 2
A Red Alert Mod (know that this takes after 90's, somewhere of the beginning of the year 2000 and later on).

Eastern Powers: Russian Federation, China, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, North Korea.
Western Powers: USA, France, Germany, Britain, South Korea.
Opposite to both: Empire of The Rising Sun (Japan), Yuri.

I know that not having the Soviets and Allies is kinda dumb, but logically, none of them can last forever even in a fantasy. But if you don't want changes, you can still go for the same old.

Soviets: USSR, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Yugoslavia (included).
Allies: USA, France, Germany, Britain, Korea.
Opposite to both: Yuri, The Empire.

I would recommend using the WC3 Damage and Armor Type. But's it's already used in the game.

E.G. The Apocalypse Tanks will have Chaos Damage and Piercing against Air units and heavy armor.

I've got a lot of ideas for infantry, vehicles, air and naval units. Also structures of course. But I haven't seen a promising mod, so I can share my ideas with.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
On which converts DotA2 into an RTS... Oh wait the engine cannot support that my mistake.

It probably works well for streamlined versions of games like Vampirism or other survival games (Island Troll Tribes) where it is few unit interaction at any time. For more RTS or expansive games there will likely be major problems which both WC3 and SC2 do not suffer from.

Level 8

I like some of your contributions to Dota 2 Modding, however, I am concerned with content that violates copyrights and intellectual property. I think it's illegal to Dotacraft, be much like melee game of Warcraft 3, I realize think that will help the community in Dota 2 Modding. But wish that you do not make a mode with names, gameplay, etc equal Warcraft 3. But similar. Mode is legal...

Ancient Wars (similar to Castle Fight) I think is abandoned. With source code available, but I think with a few errors, which I think important fix (error information, I think on page Steam Workshop of custom mode).

Steam Workshop :: Ancient Wars (Castle Fight port)

GitHub - jiant23/ancientwars: Dota 2 - Ancient Wars

Please resurrect this custom mode. :)

Level 19
, however, I am concerned with content that violates copyrights and intellectual property.

Nah.

Naruto vs one piece has been on the front page for atleast half a year

x hero siege is constantly GotD which uses original WC3 heroes + abilities + lore

Status
Not open for further replies.