• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
''Hi, only one question..
How can i put over lvl 10 in a RoC map? . I have TFT editor . I tried in game constants but the file change to W3x.
Thanks you a lot :D''

''Hi,

Export war3mapMisc.txt from the w3x and then reset the max hero level to 10 and save. Your map will be RoC-compatible again.
Finally import war3mapMisc.txt into the w3m with an MPQ editor and then protect the map.
Only do this before release, because every time the map is saved with war3mapMisc.txt present, the editor automatically converts it back to TFT. (Or removes war3mapMisc.txt and with that your max hero level, if war3mapMisc.txt isn't on the import list.)

Please put a little m'ore effort into proofreading your comment next time.

–3ICE''

How do i do what 3ICE just said? Thanks

Level 23
Gameplay constants > Hero - Max Level

Nope, he want's it to still be playable in RoC...

Export war3mapMisc.txt from the w3x and then reset the max hero level to 10 and save. Your map will be RoC-compatible again.
Finally import war3mapMisc.txt into the w3m with an MPQ editor and then protect the map.
Only do this before release, because every time the map is saved with war3mapMisc.txt present, the editor automatically converts it back to TFT. (Or removes war3mapMisc.txt and with that your max hero level, if war3mapMisc.txt isn't on the import list.)

Download MPQ editor here then do what 3ICE said...
maybe you can do something like what ap0 said here,

Nope, he want's it to still be playable in RoC...

Download MPQ editor here then do what 3ICE said...
Download mapconv instead : http://www.sendspace.com/file/2sgl4k

Open your map with it. It will convert it to .w3m by itself.
You simply have to Open your map with mapconv.exe You can do it simply by drag your map on mapconv.exe, it will do "Open with".

Level 2
I umm Got MPQ editor and I opened the w3x map with it and I found the war3mapmisc thing but Im confused with what I do with it after?

mapconv doesnt work it, it just opens then closes after a second
Your map should be .w3m now. And that's normal.

or you make a map for TFT no one uses ROC and even if someone do it wont be worth the time to create it with such a low player base. But I wont force you but I had to ward you :p
Not a solution x) Still many people use RoC, for example Mazers and Sliders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.