• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
yeh a maze would be cool! lots of side quests, chocobos! cameos by john travolta and silvester stallone as rambo! also some guy who u can talk to and he tells u random fact about stuff, like really generic stuff. or even better a guy who tells you random facts about chuck norris! www.chucknorrisfacts.com! why dont u have chuck norris telling you facts about chuck norris. also you should include cameos by some of ur favorite members of the hive and also a bar where u can buy drinks...and some kind of football mini game.

Level 15
Well, You should do something that lest your map be different from all the others. Like most maps dont even have a story. It's just walking around killing creeps. So make a good story. And make the player/s follow it.

Level 12
Maybe you should have your abilities done like Defi4nc3's orpg, <<This rpg has TOTALLY no story, quests-not so that are called quests( Anyone from Clan orpg here i'm sorry but this is truthfully what i think), but this orpg is so popular because their ABILITIES ROCKS! One hero can have 14+ abilities! And add in saving and loading the code! If you don't know whats defi4nc3's orpg you can find it on maps.worldofwar.net or www.epicwar.com..It's ranked number 2 on maps.worldofwar...RaoDaoZao's rpg is still first...his rpg is kinda nice anyway.

And luckily your towns from the SSes were nice. Dont be like defiance. the towns are horrible. Only one interactive fountain unless you get to the late-stage towns. But defiance has managed to give a strong replay factor. Try to achieve what he did, i'm supporting you. Plus if saving and loading with the -save and
-load commands is added in, make sure you disable cheating in single player, not in a sense that if you start with single player then ends up in defeat.

make it with triggers like

Events
If Player 2(Blue) types an exact match as whosyourdaddy
Conditions
-none-
Actions
Game - Display text message: You Cheated, game will end in 10 seconds. Not saveable.
Turn off Trigger(the save trigger)
Wait 10 Seconds.
Defeat - For (triggering player) showing message You cheated!
I forgot the trigger to force player to leave ^^"" force (triggering player to leave)
Turn on Trigger(the save trigger)

And add in to multiplayer games under quests a section called help and important Info:
Do not type cheats e.g whosyourdaddy; greedisgood; even you are in a multiplayer.
Anytime exact matches are typed, it will end up in inability to save, and defeat.

Last edited:
Level 18
Excuse me, but I think someone posted an anti-cheat system before, and I've tried to design one myself. I beleive, however, cheat commands can't be detected or something like that, I can't really remember but I think there was some problem with it.

Level 12
Ooooh. Never tried before. Maybe it's with the game engine.

Anyway, I hope there's a save and load system...
You could like, for the quests, add in special conditions. Like in a certain scenario of quests, example, kill the traitor blabla. If you kill him within a certain time limit; or like say...kill him before he kills an irrelevant NPC, you get some additional special reward like gold or extra item, or a ability, or even a level. Failure to achieve quests in special conditions will NOT result in failure of the quests(just missing out some goodies). Ability to complete it with special conditions will result in a message being displayed, and asking the hero to collect his goodie bag from somewhere/or the NPC automatically gives it.

And lets say maybe adapt it from wow where you buy or do quests do get abilities, for better abilities do better quests, or you can even follow what i said in my last post, or have the Imagica RPG style, where you only can have an orb at a time(which the orb provides your abilities).

Maybe you could also add in a Pandarian race. More creativity. Never really seen a Pandarian race in a rpg (Excluding dwarf campaign's panda in the first mission.) Thinking about it, warcraft 3 has quite some preset pandarian models.

And specific items like Horde's Reaver(Example) can only be used by orc brutes/warriors; and Scepter of the Kirin Tor(Example, again) can be used by human mages; and similar race specific items for all the races. Maybe some items could give you akama's/draenais' shadowmeld, which works like permanent invisbility, just that only available at night, which opposite faction's players could use to sneak into your city, and the opposite faction's players would be able to kill side quests NPCs; which in other words would deny you from completing/getting the quest.

Also, maybe like the ability to go inside a factioned tavern/bar/inn/some sort(Each race will have their own style of bar/ furnishing; Orcs will have many spikes and an area where orcs fight to fufill bloodlust, and humans will have more civilised games/sports) where people can heal automatically(as though they were next to a healing ward/fountain) there, but not the opposite factions' heroes.

Just some suggestions...

Last edited:

ventuz

V

ventuz

Bob27 said:
well as for the anti cheat system maybe try having the event as

• If Player 2(Blue) types an exact match as Cheat enabled!
Would that work?

I just tried that, doesn't work... and it's not even a chat message.

whosyourdaddy will result as

ventuz: Cheat enabled!

type "Cheat enabled!" normally will result in

[All] ventuz: Cheat enabled!

Level 18
In any case, it's pretty simple to disable single player save systems, all you have to do is check how many (human) players there are in the game, if there's one then walla! The only thing is you need to make sure you aren't counting computer players as human players.

Status
Not open for further replies.