• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Emblem Real Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Being a Fire Emblem Fan, I've always wanted to play the game in real time, and so, I made this map.

Although not very advanced in programming or mapping, I like to think that I put some good ideas into the map. Disagree and the druid will rape you. :ned:

It has
- Units leveling up the real way, by killing each other. Like Real Men Should.

- Terrain Bonuses

- The Classic Weapons Triangle

- A system in which any unit can be the commander of the army

- Class Changes!

-A bunch of other crap

Basically, look at the attached map, or search "Fire Emblem Wars" in the map section. Actually play the map (a must) and comment. If you want to work on it and send revisions, that's fine. If you want to tell me what to do, you'll get bitchslapped ... i mean... thanked for the constructive criticism. The economy sucks, BTW.

Just, tell me what you think I should do from here. Especially Balance Issues, as I can't host games.

For more detailed gameplay, see the maps section

I am actually working on a revision now, so any early ideas may be incorperated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Fire Emblem Middle Fort.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 5
Very nice map. But I don't like how every unit is a hero. It's like their too strong to be a normal unit and too weak to be a real hero. And because their all heroes, A lot of people will try to keep them all alive. And thus there will be too much running away and not enough killing.

I like some of the random hero names (lol) but the Myrydon (or whatever it is) sometimes has his class as a name.
I saw a few typos too, like the mountain buff said "defence increaced"

But as far as improvements go, you should make it less about spending money on having a lot of heroes, and more about spending money on items and such. And I think it would be more accurate to Fire Emblem to make it so that heroes gain a little exp every time a hero hits an enemy. I don't know how to do it though. Ever played "Footman Wars 100000"?

Level 3
Thanks for the quick reply!

The attack xp idea is a good one and will be incorperated into the next version.

In order to solve the "run away" problem, I am thinking if introducing a fodder unit trained at villages and forts. It will be a weak, non hero "soilder" unit that's cheap, but weak. This will also make the game more fun becuase the heros will reach higher levels. Of sourse, a large prt of fire emblem was unit preservation, so this run ayway is similar to the game.

As for the money, I have no Idea how to change it's emphasis on items rather than heros. Food limit, perhaps. (I'm writing perhaps becuase there's no way in hell I can spell mabey consistanly)

As soon as I find time, I'll finish and atach the update.

Level 5
Try putting in more item shops, and add very good items. Like, in Fire Emblem, aren't there uber-weapons you get around the last levels of the games? Sort of like legendary things? You could put those in, because if their good enough then people will save money to buy them.

Level 3
So, after a week of work here it is, not bug checked, but done.
It now has legendary weapons and unique weapons for each class, a point system based on control of the middle city, a soilder fodder unit, and the possibility for more players in later editions. Please enjoy and suggest!

...Unless you're an ass.

UPDATE: Better, less typoed, funnier map!

Last edited:
Level 18
i cant host either... i dont know why.

maybe one day we will co produce a map.

but right now im buzy. so ya.
im a good terrainer, and a decent triggerer. so maybe in my spare time, ill make a fireemblem.

i have alwayz wanted to follow the story in a way. problem is, i forgot most of the names. the only ones i remember are hector, Ross, and dart ( dart the pirate :) )

i cant remmeber them cause i haven't played the game in a while. but if i were to make a map, it would be of the last 2 levels of the firest game ( with the dragon and that dark sage guy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.