• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Do you want to see in a tournament?

What do you want to see in a tournament?

• Free For All (FFA)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Team (4v4)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dota (3v3)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Uthers Party

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Mad Balls Arena

• Micro Arena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wardraft

• Element TD

• Footmen Frenzy (2v2)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7

Many of you may have already heard of the fate of the Warcraft 3 Olympics' first tournament, and for those who have not check the website for further details. Anyway, Just because we had a small set back doesn't mean the Olympics is out for good, quite the contrary actually. Right now I plan on taking the knowledge I gained from the first tournament and start up the next round of gaming.

Last season I heard a lot of complaints about the tournament not being "Olympic" based, so I decided to give it a try this time. I'm hoping to have multiple tournaments running at one time, this time though, it will be solely for that game type.

So, what I need from you guys is some games that you think should be added into the tournament pool. I'm looking at 5 tournaments for the first go. The polls up, get voting!

Current Tournaments:
Major:
Solo (1v1)
Team (2v2)

Minor:
???
???
???

DoTA for sure!

Not.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I'd like to see Elimination as a tournament, it works as a good team game that could easily be played as a clan vs clan sorta thing. However, there are some obvious imbalances with some things, such as the C4 suicide bombings - You can't kill a man before he plants/blows up the C4.

Level 7
Thanks for your help guys! Right now I'm going to come right out and say that FFA will be added as a Minor tournament as we have the most interest in it.

The last 2 are still undecided. I'm going to get a list of 3-5 games together from all the ideas I got from here and WCR. I will than post them in a second poll which will be strictly on the Wc3Olympics website. When its posted, I will no longer be accepting any community ideas, those are the only games you can pick.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll make sure to post here when the poll is up. ^^

Level 7
I would like to see a speed-run tournament.
Who can complete a singleplayer game (like When Freedom Slips Away for example) fastest without cheating?

hmm... I dont think thats going to work, sorry. : / Not that your idea is bad, its just that the game itself isn't really popular enough and getting a group of 8-16 people who are willing to play would be difficult.

On a side note, I plan on adding Elimination Tournament and Hero Line Wars to the Official Poll. ^^

Level 7
Classic game of FFA to settle anything for me, Don't agree? FFA, winner is correct, thats my system in wc3 :D

Level 34
Well Iii would go for Parasite 2 ^^

1. Exiting
  2. Paranoid level is high
  3. Fun
  4. But not really recommended for newbies :3
  5. Rules can change =]

Even though not véry populair, it's good.

<Off-Topic in Off-Topic section: Yay 1,888 posts :3>

Level 24
Lol, i dont think Parasite 2 would fit in for a tournament.
However, there are some obvious imbalances with some things, such as the C4 suicide bombings - You can't kill a man before he plants/blows up the C4.
Imbalance? lol its just stupid to blow yourself up, better to just pick up a sniper and stick with it the rest of the match + buying items.
I would say ET is nearly perfect except that C4's suck, Flamer suck and that Gas Grenade sucks too.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Lol, i dont think Parasite 2 would fit in for a tournament.

Imbalance? lol its just stupid to blow yourself up, better to just pick up a sniper and stick with it the rest of the match + buying items.
I would say ET is nearly perfect except that C4's suck, Flamer suck and that Gas Grenade sucks too.

LOLWUT SAND TACTICS.

That aside, Sniper rifles are some of the most Imba weapon's in the game xD

And while we're on it, Gas Grenades work for smoking people out of places. You know, when you're actually using tactics and not sitting there with a sniper rifle? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.