• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you think?

What gameplay do you want?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
It would be awesome if i actually got some responds in this thread, as it is quite important for the actual map gameplay.

So, my question is, do you think we should try to rebalance the entire map, to be more like a hack'n'slash map like it is suppost to be in a diablo 3 replica?
Ofc, this map have its own style and way to be played, but i have actually asked this question on many different forums and the polls always turned out to be... well... hack'n'slash, becouse that is what makes diablo, diablo!

I know this will be a hard task for us developers and that maybe not everyone will like the idea (cloudwolf???) but it is another step forward, and as we havent done much at all since the last release, this could bring back the project to what it once was, a constantly updating map that always grow bigger and bigger for every release to come.

So, well, i think this is a great idea, but im not sure if everyone here agrees, so thats why i have this poll.

Also, i made the votes public, becouse i really want everyone opinion if they do vote, otherwise it wont help me at all.

Level 17
i was thinking of the option to choose.. but that may be far to much work for us, with balancing etc.

BTW, i love your map Dann, the spells is far more proffesional the ours, and the projectile system (that SOMEONE in our team said wasnt possible to do without a decrease in fps....) is really awesome.
I will not lie, your map is awesome, but it lack terrain. I know that you just got your terrainer, and i hope the map will turn out awesome :)

Level 17
I vote for Hack and Slay but isn`t the map actually a Hack and Slay map...?

If you look at the vidoes of the game, you can see that the barbarian just rush through enemies etc.
Our map is far away from being that, in our map, you stand next to a unit, smashing it until it dies, and then start attacking the next one, etc.
Its not like you can rush through the enemies making them fly all over the place etc.

Our map has a very different gameplay then diablo 3 have, and what i am asking is if people want us to keep the gameplay we have, or try to make it more like a hack'n'slash map, just like it is in diablo 3.

Level 8
the projectile system (that SOMEONE in our team said wasnt possible to do without a decrease in fps....) is really awesome.
Like me and Dan didnt try explaining that the decrease wont be that much...

Anyway I vote for a H'n'S as thats what Diablo is all about ^^

Level 17
Like me and Dan didnt try explaining that the decrease wont be that much...

Anyway I vote for a H'n'S as thats what Diablo is all about ^^

Like i didnt agree from the very first time, when i said
(that SOMEONE in our team said wasnt possible to do without a decrease in fps....)
i wasnt talking about myself, you have figure out who i mean yourself.

I knew that it would work all the time, and i actually asked if we were going to have a custom projectile system ages ago, but we never did it.

Level 17
Uhmm. yeah.
Ofc we would have to change pretty much everything if we made it hack'n'slash
Different HP, Damage, Cooldown, Speed, Items..
Pretty much everything would have to be reworked, but becouse this is suppost to be diablo 3 remake in warcraft 3, i thinked.. why not make the gameplay like diablo 3, becouse that is the main key to what makes diablo, diablo..

Level 3
Yes but this is Warcraft 3, not Diablo. :)

Anyways, if you decide to change it to a hack'n'slash I wish you all the good luck! I'm just scared of this big change, you know? What if things go bad?

Level 17
Then that was a very bad example xD
Everyone can give the exact same amount of orders in the same amount of time, what really is the issue is delay, it could take some time for the game to respond to your order, but you are still able to do the exact same amount of orders in same amount of time (specially when it is about attacks... it is not possible to make a unit attack slower by lag).
:D

Level 17
We wont live in wc3 for long, i think that everyone in the dev team is going to change to starcraft 2 and make mods for that insted.
Not to mention that this map isnt suppost to just look like diablo 3, i even quoted it before.
Diablo III Warcraft Diablo 3 Warcraft is a fan made RPG that aims to replicate the features of diablo 3
The point of this map is to make it as close to diablo 3 as possible, and currently, you could say that we have only the same units and terrain as diablo 3. The rest is still warcraft 3.
Also, i dont know if there will be much more releases from this map, becouse of the fact that galaxy for sc2 will be released during the beta (blizzard said that), and we all are waiting to try it out.
So do not expect to see many more versions, there will be a new one, thats for sure, but not many of them i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.