• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you think Zombies can miss?

Can Zombies Miss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You all know those flesh craving buggers. But when they start to claw after people, should they be able to miss?

And yes, this has high relevance to map development: The results of this poll will determine whether or not Corpse Feeders (and his flesh eating kin) can miss with attacks on my map.

If you voted, please post if possible as to why you think so!

Level 7
I vote unlikely, because I think whether they miss depends on what they are attacking. Attacking say, a fat police sheriff with a shotgun, and they got pretty good chances. Against a really fast guy with a..something.. then maybe not.

Level 6
I think they have a high chance of missing, after all, they bearly have control over their bodies let alone the complex controls of hand and finger movement.
But i think with zombies the claws are only used to grab the thing they want to sink their teeth into. But yes i think they can miss.

Level 27
Indeed. You could make fast zombies for a change but then again it wouldn't be realistic.

Think of it like this, you have as ussualy some cliche zombie virus outbreak (or anything similar to that) and people get infected with it. Well, before they get infected they are dead right? So... Zombies are undead, and its not presumed they're brain will be fully functional when they've just died and got revived again by some stupid virus.

Then again, a virus controlling your brain.. should be a lot of work to keep you under control.

So yeah zombies can miss, but they always come within large numbers i guess.... That compensates the fact that they are slow and miss all the time. (Fast zombies don't exist, better call them mutants)

AAH ZOMBIES!

Level 9
Zombies would be clumsy assuming that the virus was imperfect, that it couldn't make a human perform optimally (after dying, obviously, so that they're undead). I, too, think they can miss. However, I don't think they're so stupid that they'd miss a huge percentage of attacks. Why? Cause then, there's no point to zombies if they can't do anything. The point of any single organism (or virus) is to multiply. If zombies aren't killing stuff, there's no multiplication to be had.

I'm glad as many people as they did made votes. Keep em coming!

Level 6
To counter the high miss chance the damage could be bumped up, creating even more tension when the hordes of them get closer and closer, no matter how many u kill. Im on a game development course atm so im learning wat parts give people indorphin releases and so on.

Zombied should do alot of damage anyways, since the matter being one bite or scrath would kill u anyway and turn u into undead i think thats alot of damage for one bite! anyway, hope that helped...

Level 9
To counter the high miss chance the damage could be bumped up, creating even more tension when the hordes of them get closer and closer, no matter how many u kill. Im on a game development course atm so im learning wat parts give people indorphin releases and so on.

Zombied should do alot of damage anyways, since the matter being one bite or scrath would kill u anyway and turn u into undead i think thats alot of damage for one bite! anyway, hope that helped...

Zombies do plenty of damage per attack on my map, they can kill humans in around 2-3 hits, maybe 3-4 in some cases. Their weakness on my map is that they die before they reach their targets because of the amazing firing range and stopping power of clusters of human infantry.

Level 7
The zombies should of course be able to miss! I mean everyone can miss! ^^ And then theirs the fact that zombies are mindless and clumsy! So im voting yes!

Edit: Ah the poll was closed, my bad ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.