• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you dislike most about DotA:Allstars?

What do you dislike most?

• Unbalanced Heroes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor Plot (or in this case, no plot)

• Terrain (size and/or appearance)

• All of the above

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
All of the above + The fact the creeps are so pathetic, you cant upgrade them like even on other primitive maps.

So when you build up a train of 20 creeps and then 2 enemy heroes appear gang you and walk away without a sratch.
The whole map ends up just with the assassin heroes dominating and gameplay to just gangbang.
barely and other tactics or strategy.

Level 22
Even at lvl 1 the mobs are useless...they're nothing more then fodder. Its all a battle between heroes....and when you get heroes that can run faster then anything in wc3, are invisible, can kill most heroes in 1 melee attacks and have the capabilities of killing entire clusters of heroes in 1.5 seconds with a spell...its pretty obvious where the game goes. Horrible balancing, boring terrain...there were creeps....?
-VGsatomi

Level 3
All of the above definitly. the balancing especially is horrible, having a level gap of just 3 levels or so is enough to own lower level heroes, and the people who win the game are the ones that deal the most damage....casters with incredibly imbalanced spells like crystal maiden have such a huge advantage that it totaly ruins the game, same with techies and their suiciding attack, the game lacks to much strategy.....just get the strongest items and its gg :?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I actually play DotA, but I cannot disagree with you people. Creeps are, yes, a cash machine. The only funny part on the game is at start, where a high number of creeps can be a problem. Later, creeps are just annoying by blocking, etc. And Intelligence Heroes become pathetic later. Strength Heroes get a huge amount of hitpoints, and the casters' spells become useless. If a caster wants to own, he must stick with his allies and gain a good amount of kills to get the better items fast. In any of the ways, strength heroes totally own in dota. Terrain sucks too.

The game is kinda fun but I don't think that it's enough to be that popular... :?

-Rui

Level 12
All of above + the Dota community.

I must admit I do enjoy a clan wars, simply cause generally both teams will be good and working together, and wont get things like e.g. some noob giving countless free kills to the other team.

But what really annoys me is this
" ap = noob, ar = pro" If the heroes were all balanced yea I may agree.

Several clans Ive asked and its pretty much.

Me: 5v5 -ap?
Random Person: no ap = noob, ar only
Me: huh, but 1 team might end up with crappy heroes and the other team unbalanced heroes?
Random Person: Yea but its -ar so its fair
Me: Why?
Random Person: Because its -ar
Me: well if we do -ap both teams can pick the best heroes so it will be balanced right?
Random Person: NOOOOOOO AP IS NOOBS!!!!

Then you do an -ar and its you only won because suddenly you had the better heroes.....

Level 10
Rui said:
I actually play DotA, but I cannot disagree with you people. Creeps are, yes, a cash machine. The only funny part on the game is at start, where a high number of creeps can be a problem. Later, creeps are just annoying by blocking, etc. And Intelligence Heroes become pathetic later. Strength Heroes get a huge amount of hitpoints, and the casters' spells become useless. If a caster wants to own, he must stick with his allies and gain a good amount of kills to get the better items fast. In any of the ways, strength heroes totally own in dota. Terrain sucks too.

The game is kinda fun but I don't think that it's enough to be that popular... :?

-Rui

i play it too... once in awhile. but i must admit. the only thing that is good about dota is the wide range of heroes. nothing else.

Level 4
Draqz
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:16 pm Post subject:
another dota bashing topic... doesn't this ever get old for you guys?

No...it's a lame game live with it...and if not...shoot your self...make the world a better place

Rui
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:17 pm Post subject:

The game is kinda fun but I don't think that it's enough to be that popular... icon_confused.gif

-Rui

I agree later on creeps ar just thing that you can blame... iheard this over a million times "The creeps Blocked me :((("

Dracula
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:59 pm Post subject:
HEY u dont have the right topic

I DONT LIKE DOTA is because ITS A AOS MAP!!! icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif

More Arena the AOS....aos is the basic idea of strategy game play...in witch teams are formed with the objective by helping out there army (creeps) to overthrow the enemy base (witch in DotA dosen't exist) and by the destruction of or capture of key elements/bases on the map

But what really annoys me is this
" ap = noob, ar = pro" If the heroes were all balanced yea I may agree.

I agree with the "random person"... if DotA is such a balanced game use -ar :/ ... and don't say: "it's not fair Enigma Sux" cause you are the same person that said DotA is balanced. And it's not that pro only that noobs get the best hero and don't do crap with em'

Rui
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:54 am Post subject:
Wasn't that Random Person leaking on reason? -ar is more imbalanced than -ap. What if a team gets Centaur, Sand King, Sven, etc, and the other gets like Ezalor and other sucky heroes? GG!

-Rui

-ar can't be unbalanced cause DotA is such a perfectly "Balanced game" ;). I have also heard from a player the all heroes have a weakness and advantage twoards other heroes. that was the stupidest thing i ever heard of...and its compleatly not true.

The wider the range of heroes the bigger the unballance...thats what they don't get![/b]

Level 2
Allstars is pretty fun imo. The only people I see complaining about it are either ignorant, or they don't know the heroes/spells/items/how to play. Sometimes the two go hand in hand. :?

In any case, I don't see the purpose of bashing it. There are those in the Allstars community who act completely stupid, but I know a good many people who play it AND are friendly and willing to show manners ingame.

Plus, the community outnumbers the haters by a large degree, so why the hell should they give a shit at the opinions of people who only bash a map because it's popular, or because they just hate it?

So, my conclusion is that some of you need to grow up and GTFO, and the rest of you need to try LEARNING about the game and then attempt to master it, rather than ranting about it's supposed flaws.

Level 10
I have also heard from a player the all heroes have a weakness and advantage twoards other heroes. that was the stupidest thing i ever heard of...and its compleatly not true.

not really. the dwarven sniper has the widest range, but his hp is just the opoosite. have you also noticed that some heroes have ALOT of damage while some have darn little? this especially happens to most spellcasters. They have high damage when they should be casting spells, and physical heroes arent that much. although soul keeper is an exception. its totally overpowered.

Allstars is pretty fun imo. The only people I see complaining about it are either ignorant, or they don't know the heroes/spells/items/how to play. Sometimes the two go hand in hand.

In any case, I don't see the purpose of bashing it. There are those in the Allstars community who act completely stupid, but I know a good many people who play it AND are friendly and willing to show manners ingame.

Plus, the community outnumbers the haters by a large degree, so why the hell should they give a **** at the opinions of people who only bash a map because it's popular, or because they just hate it?

So, my conclusion is that some of you need to grow up and GTFO, and the rest of you need to try LEARNING about the game and then attempt to master it, rather than ranting about it's supposed flaws.

and looks like you need to learn some mapmaking.

Level 9
i used to hate dota i played it cause my friend got into it so i wanted to see what it was liked when i did it was ok [for the poll al of the above] but its so rerererererererererepeditve and true the asasin heros just own at the end its imbalanced if you want to play a good AOS i reccomend Tides Of Blood or Final Fantasy Tactics but i cant remember all of tides of blood is all i can remember is you chose 1 of 5 or 6 heros in the middle and it has like this picture of thier face on the tiles
but mostly FF tactics cause its not repeditve because you can swicth classes and level up to get to better classes you can upgrade your army and it is probly the most under played AOS yet one of the best i dont know why the creator just comes up with new versions that have only had about 3 or 4 minor changes why cant he make big changes to the map he kinda makes his map like the dynasty warriors series just does the littlest changes you can possibly do and it ammuses people so much i dont know how in the world its still played and so much F @ G $ play it i helped my friend make a dota clan cause he likes i just made a new ACC and i joined a game for him and god there was 1 person DLing and so many people were saying BAN BAN HIM HE DLes TOO SLOW god they act like 7 year olds fighting over a cookie and if you die once or twice your team mates crack the sh*t$ if i hadnt of fought back with those F @ G $ (wich is the only way to get through to them) the host would of turned like one of them SO I STRONGLY RECCOMEND DO NOT JOIN DOTA GAMES OR YOU WILL TURN INTO A COMPLETE F @ G

Level 9
ragingspeedhorn said:
You sure like to say "F @ G" alot, your homophobia thing might be triggered because you deep inside know your one yourself but are in denial, eh? :wink:

Anyways, I voted terrain thats the most crappy part after my opinion...

im not one some people find saying F @ G on a forum if its actualy the word not apprivble on forums and thats just how i described them alot

Level 10
you should really learn to refine your english. i can barely understand you. maybe this dota bad language is really getting to you.

b = back

i mean, my friends on msn always say bb meaning byebye.

and recently, i met with an even stupider bunch of people.

Teammate: brown go mid
me: *ignores*
5 minutes later
Teammate: brown go mid. you are ranged.
me: so what if im ranged? i dont remember there being a rule which states that ranged heroes should go to the middle lane.
Teammate: Just stfu and go to mid u noob

i can understand if he just told me that the middle connects to the sides and thus would be more worth defending. but just look at his reasoning!

Level 5
The thing i dislike the most in Dota is that it's the only custom game on Battle.net (at least on Northrend i am almost unable to find any non dota games). Well it would not be such a big problem if the game were not that sucky.

If they could reduce the nuber of heroes (throw out the weak ones), and ballance the rest, add more creeps and upgrades to the creeps (Spells for them???), maybe then the map would be a somewhat playable (oh and make a better terrain too...)

Level 10
Pyrodactyl said:
The thing i dislike the most in Dota is that it's the only custom game on Battle.net (at least on Northrend i am almost unable to find any non dota games). Well it would not be such a big problem if the game were not that sucky.

If they could reduce the nuber of heroes (throw out the weak ones), and ballance the rest, add more creeps and upgrades to the creeps (Spells for them???), maybe then the map would be a somewhat playable (oh and make a better terrain too...)

now lets not gives suggestions. i want dota to keep it that way so i can criticise people who think that its good :lol:

Level 4
qwerty
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:49 pm Post subject:
Quote:
I have also heard from a player the all heroes have a weakness and advantage twoards other heroes. that was the stupidest thing i ever heard of...and its compleatly not true.

not really. the dwarven sniper has the widest range, but his hp is just the opoosite. have you also noticed that some heroes have ALOT of damage while some have darn little? this especially happens to most spellcasters. They have high damage when they should be casting spells, and physical heroes arent that much. although soul keeper is an exception. its totally overpowered.

I really don't see why the dwarven sniper should worry about his health he can just use his ulti 2 times on you and kill u . or buy the armor reduceing (2 mithril hammer) and kill you in 2-3 shots. (thats not enought time to get near him.

Dark Necrosis
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:49 pm Post subject:
Allstars is pretty fun imo. The only people I see complaining about it are either ignorant, or they don't know the heroes/spells/items/how to play. Sometimes the two go hand in hand. icon_confused.gif

Plus, the community outnumbers the haters by a large degree, so why the hell should they give a **** at the opinions of people who only bash a map because it's popular, or because they just hate it?

First of all let me define the term ignorant: Ignorant = A person that gives no iteres to a particulary obeject or situation. Trust me! ;) we do give attention to DotA...thats how we relized it sux :), on the other hand you are a very ignorant person for not notecing this.... Second i don't know spells ?? o_O....i wish i could bash your head in DotA just to prove you are a worthles insect in any way....ou should just delete warcraft from your PC ,smash your CD and burn the manuals...and give up War and DotA.

DotA comunity much more numerous ?? OMG summon your army and face us :/.

There is nothing to master get Loric or Nerub Assasin (and athor pawning heroes) and just start to beat the crap out of the opposing team...And you should start LEARNING map makeing and see the real flaws....no really i dare you make a map ...and prove us rong!! post it here id love to play it and amuse my self on the mighty DotA Liberation Army (DLA :D ) Maps that are made to prove us that DotA is not a sucky game and it's something worth playing.

Level 10
I really don't see why the dwarven sniper should worry about his health he can just use his ulti 2 times on you and kill u . or buy the armor reduceing (2 mithril hammer) and kill you in 2-3 shots. (thats not enought time to get near him

not with a hero with blink. blink is so overpowered.

and if anyone is reading this, we ARE NOT discussing about strategies. we are contemplating on its unbalancedness.

Level 4
agree but that dwarfen sniper i had to kill also had Lother's Edge...the weapon that gives blade masters invizibility attack.

Level 2
You complainers are sad, just sad. Your jealous because you'll NEVER make a map as popular as DotA.

1) You could make the most advanced and technically amazing map ever, but if the gameplay and marketing aspects sucks, then who really cares?
2) DotA may have crap terrain, still some imbalances and other less major flaws but it beats every other map. People still find it fun, it still attracts new players, how can you sit there and write it off as the worst map ever when it achieves so much? Maybe people like simple (meaning non-complex) maps?
3) Those who whine about imbalanced skills, well you obviously dont play DotA, I'll admit there are a couple, BUT:
- Imbalanced means to strong in relation to other heroes in the map, maybe your trying to compare the dota heroes to another map?
- Some of the stronger spells have drawbacks of using, or are on very vulnerable heroes
4) Funny to see someone complaining about the creeps being fodder and only the heroes mattering, well didnt you ever care to think maybe its meant to be like that? Ever care to think thats that what people enjoy, the competition? There are other maps which involve constant farming against hard to kill creeps, go play those if you find that funner then constant hero battles.
5) DotA requires skill. Yes you'll have to face it someday, it does require skill, as much as you whiners will quote powerful spells and stealth heroes and whatnot. In what ways you ask?
- Teamwork, and I dont just mean ganging.
- Counter'ing other powerful heroes, people who excel at dota can use some of the lesser heroes to kill powerful ones. If someone can do this, then maybe that powerful hero isnt so powerful after all, and shows there is balance.
- Farming/Creeping, yes I KNOW its easy compared to other maps, but that still doesnt mean its easy enough to just stand and attack and expect to become rich. If you can team kill well and final hit well, you can seriously disadvantage the enemy.
- And other all round stuff like reacting well in tough situations, weighing up cost/benefit of items and skill points.

Now how about you spend your time worrying about how you can make your maps more fun and attractive to players, combine that with your supposed super amazing maping skills and Im sure your map will get some attention. Rather then crying about other maps are doing well because you cant understand why. If you still have any problems in your mind about this then please post some examples that you have seen in DotA and I'll be glad to explain a counter.

Level 12
The map is popular because its
- Noob friendly, theres little to think about, no complications such as upgrading creeps capturing forts/bases etc. Once you know the item recipes (most likely after 2-3 games) thats all you need to think about
- You go on the custom menu and about half the screen is DOTA, so every noob will join and give it a try.
- They have an impressive website/forums and regular updates
- It was based of a good map (in its time) Dota. So everyone is familiar with it.

Imbalances
There are many imbalances, some heropes are just sick, completely decimate and others are simply crap.
You already said that maybe the whole concept of the map was creeps should be ignored and its a hero arena. That already leads to a map where assassin heroes will dominate.

In a clan war or team vs team, on -ap yes it can be balanced because both teams will simply pick imbalanced heroes.
But just join a regular public game with -ar and you need to get lucky.
People exagerrate with how easy it is to counter heroes with items.

Level 2
Fulla said:
The map is popular because its
- Noob friendly, theres little to think about, no complications such as upgrading creeps capturing forts/bases etc. Once you know the item recipes (most likely after 2-3 games) thats all you need to think about
- You go on the custom menu and about half the screen is DOTA, so every noob will join and give it a try.
- They have an impressive website/forums and regular updates
- It was based of a good map (in its time) Dota. So everyone is familiar with it.

Imbalances
There are many imbalances, some heropes are just sick, completely decimate and others are simply crap.
You already said that maybe the whole concept of the map was creeps should be ignored and its a hero arena. That already leads to a map where assassin heroes will dominate.

In a clan war or team vs team, on -ap yes it can be balanced because both teams will simply pick imbalanced heroes.
But just join a regular public game with -ar and you need to get lucky.
People exagerrate with how easy it is to counter heroes with items.

PRECISELY, its hard to counter but very possible. Also mind giving some examples of imbalances? Or wait dont tell me, you know all this, but you dont play so you dont know examples. ANY hero can dominate, there are no crap heroes, if you wish I'll send you replays of me dominating with every single hero.

So your also saying that because something is simple to understand and get into that it is only made for noobs? Are you defining noobs as idiots? Or are you complementing the map on its ability to attract new players?

As I said give some examples of problems with the map not just blabbering. Im not saying the map is 100% perfect, but your overexagerating problems, there is very few.

Level 12
Why do you assume I've played the map once and went off crying. I've played it many many times been in a few clans even made my own.

Overtime I just realised how repetitive it is and how in team wars picking the imbalanced heroes just simply wins the game.

I've never seen the imbalance as the main issue that makes DOTA a bad map thou. Its simply how much the map could be improved with a few advancements which have been metioned in this thread.

- Why dont the creeps share gold with the team?
- Why cant you even upgrade a creep, research an ability or simply contruct another barracks
etc. etc.

Overall I find the map quite primitive

Level 4
Why do you assume I've played the map once and went off crying. I've played it many many times been in a few clans even made my own.

Overtime I just realised how repetitive it is and how in team wars picking the imbalanced heroes just simply wins the game.

I've never seen the imbalance as the main issue that makes DOTA a bad map thou. Its simply how much the map could be improved with a few advancements which have been metioned in this thread.

Same here!

PRECISELY, its hard to counter but very possible. Also mind giving some examples of imbalances? Or wait dont tell me, you know all this, but you dont play so you dont know examples. ANY hero can dominate, there are no crap heroes, if you wish I'll send you replays of me dominating with every single hero.

So your also saying that because something is simple to understand and get into that it is only made for noobs? Are you defining noobs as idiots? Or are you complementing the map on its ability to attract new players?

As I said give some examples of problems with the map not just blabbering. Im not saying the map is 100% perfect, but your overexagerating problems, there is very few.

The word noob was nowhere near a probably not even existing word idiot...thats probably what you think when your screaming at your team mates : "you noobs! i can't play my team is fool of noobs! im leaving!" ...no the team wasn't nooby just that the creeps can't really fight back now can they ?! :p plus the heroes ar inbalance <--- see INBALANCED...i'll spell it slowly...I-N-B-A-L-A-N-C-E-D...that means not even close to equal...and you said it your self "DotA != AoS" so the assasin heroes dominate...or the extrim stun damageing ones... like sven if i remember that has godly power and i had about 800 DMG !!! not thats not even a little inbalanced...or is it ?!?!

Atract new players ? please new players can't join anything else....it's the only f***ing game on the custom...and BTW for the record ...you don't see me complaneing about Parasite , Enfo or any other partialy popular games.

And What blabbering ? we are giving you serious problems...you want me to use a movie-maker on demos ? i'll make a funny movie ,with a funny song and explain the problems on it!

Level 5
I think Dota is just simply boring. There's no real variety in it. The creeps are always the same. The heroes are mostly the same (except allrandom). The items you use are always the same for each hero.

Ballance lies in variety. You need to have a choice, but a REAL choice. Like in melee games. You can use a wide variety of strategies, and every single unit has it's role in the game.

Level 12
Well I'll show you a screenshot, bird's eye view of my MTG DOTA map im working on.

3d33b521.jpg

Hopefully I'll have it playable soon

Level 1
Nice! I'm really looking forward to it.
I stumbled in here looking for an alternative to boring and imbalanced allstars.
Tides of Blood is awesome but the creators haven't released (abandoned it?) a new version in ages.

Looking forward to your release!

Level 3
Pyrodactyl said:
I think Dota is just simply boring. There's no real variety in it. The creeps are always the same. The heroes are mostly the same (except allrandom). The items you use are always the same for each hero.

Ballance lies in variety. You need to have a choice, but a REAL choice. Like in melee games. You can use a wide variety of strategies, and every single unit has it's role in the game.
Yeah i agree with you.
The variation of the creeps is really sucks
There's also no original wc3 heroes such as mountain king and demon hunter.

No need of strategy in playing, just destroy all the tower and you done with it.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hell this topic starts to make no sence at all. All discussions of DotA just lead to the same answer always:

There are players who like DotA, and other who don't. No need to discuss it. It's true that DotA is sort of imba, but there are people who like to live with that imbalance.

-Rui

Level 6
we all love and hate DOTA.... one thing i dont understand why is so damn popular, but then again of that is what most people like we cant do much about it... it was a shock to find DOTA in the blizzard mod map site... thanks to DOTA alot of maps are just DOTA-WANNA-BE maps... but hey shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.