• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Can i do better about this terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello Everyone im new to the hive and to terraining, i wanted to see what people thought about my terrain and what i could do better with it.:con:

firstterrain.jpg

List of things you should fix:
-Floating trees, you should select a tree and click "Ctrl+Page Down" button to lower them.
-Add grass tile to the ground.
-The water seems weird and ugly looking with that fog. Delete it.
-I can see the end of the world on the left side and right. Try covering it with more trees i guess.
-The waterfall looks ugly specially with those rocks placed like that. Try making it wider and add for example a rock in the middle of the waterfall.
-I can see a tree in the waterfall, move it a little.
Good luck!

Level 7
Most of the Fog i cant even select so thats not gonna be able to be fixed.

Do you mean i should delete some of the rocks or just move them aside a little?

There isnt a tree in the waterfall Its behind the waterfall.

Last edited:
Most of the Fog i cant even select so thats not gonna be able to fix.

Do you mean i should delete some of the rocks or just move them aside a little?

There isnt a tree in the waterfall Its behind the waterfall.

You can select them. Click with your left mouse button and hold on ground and then move your mouse to the direction of the fog, then you will be able to select it and remove it.
You should move rocks aside, not little, much.
I know it's behind the waterfall but as you can see IT IS IN THE WATERFALL somehow. Try moving it!

Level 6
Much better than the first pic! You could think about adding a small glade, that there is something else to see than trees.
Also missing are some birds, critters to make it more vivid, maybe some tree-logs, fern etc.
Hm maybe you could think about using another tree-model in general.

Level 7
First off all sorry i keep deleting the pictures XD i seem to forget to refresh.

And Btw i cant just select the fog it also selects the water doodad and the trees since it seems to have bugged somehow and its under the land... so if i click where i need to it selects the water.:cry:

Oh well Heres the more current one
firstterrain.jpg

Level 18
At the right bottom use more tile variations where the stakes are (or deers or whatever they are called xD) also it seems like the waterfall is coming from nothing maybe add 2 more or so im not a big expert at waterfalls but imo it doesn't look good this way. And ehm where are the birds? xD (second time i say this to somone) but i would like to see som birds lol. Besides that i like it but could use som more work.

Level 7
@ i_brg_doom
I can definetaly tell you i added birds... most of them seem to be to small and the fog hides them alot so ill work on making them big enough to be seen.

Did you use my tutorial? x)

I'd say the first thing you should do is make sure you aren't blocking most of the shot with trees in the front.

was gonna say that it looks a bit like a word by word following of it
i would improve the actual formation of it; it looks a bit steep to me atm. also maybe use some tiles in there (ashen grass/dirty grass)

Level 5
At the right bottom use more tile variations where the stakes are (or deers or whatever they are called xD) also it seems like the waterfall is coming from nothing maybe add 2 more or so im not a big expert at waterfalls but imo it doesn't look good this way. And ehm where are the birds? xD (second time i say this to somone) but i would like to see som birds lol. Besides that i like it but could use som more work.

you said that to me lol

oh and the waterfall nice but its a bit small

Level 7
Yeah Void i did use your tutorial. So ya. But ill fix the tree thingy, But i dont know whats wrong with the cliffs. i see trees on cliffs like that all around where i live so...
I wont be able to work on the image until Sunday. And BTW Void Nice tutorial lol.
And i dont think the waterfall is very small the camera is just somewhat close.

Status
Not open for further replies.