• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What abilities would dath'remar theron have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi! Im making a map which features blood elves and thier betrayer Dath'remar theron but stuck on ideas for his abilities/spells, anyone who knows more about the lore than me have any good ideas for his spells?

I'm currently using the Spell Breaker model with a hero glow to represent him.

Level 15
hm, the only "theron" I know in BE lore is Lor'themar Theron, the Regent-Lord of Quel-Thalas. But you clearly mean not him, 'cos he's no betrayer.

If you mean Dath'Remar Sunstrider, then he is Night Elf/High Elf, not Blood Elf. Anyway, he was a sorcerer of great power. Various arcane spells are what you want (say how many you need and I'll think of some).

If you mean Dar'Khan Drathir, who is an actual betrayer of Blood Elves, then he's a mage/necromancer (again, just ay how many spells you need).

Last edited:
Level 15
Sure, how about this:

Arcane Hunger - Dar'Khan steals X health and mana from nearby enemies and undead allies, healing himself and gaining increased damage for 10 seconds.

Dark Rebirth - raises a powerful skeleton warrior from target corpse. If Dar'Khan has the damage buff from Arcane Hunger, he raises a skeletal mage instead (same damage but with ranged attack and some minor spells - like Frost Armor or Frost Arrows - auto-cast things)

Lich King's Favor - sacrifices all skeletal warriors, granting Dar'Khan invulnerability, lasting X seconds for each skeletal warrior sacrificed. However, Dar'Kahn loses Y health per minion sacrificed when he casts this spell.

Anguish and Torment - (Ultimate) - sacrifices all skeletal minions, unleashing a devastating blast of energy at the target. If target dies from the spell, it hits another nearby enemy for half the damage (And so on, until it drops to zero damage).

Level 7
Thanks! I like those though they sound quite complicated to implement, I'm not very good at triggering, i may try and do a simpler version of them but I have a good idea of what kind of abilities would fit with him now, especialy like the arcane hunger idea though I'll base it off devour magic.

Level 12
Scar of the Betrayer
Deals <STR x Hero Level> more melée damage against Elven units on blight. Does not affect Hungry. Passive

Hungry
Non-friendly Living Units at least 10 yards near Dar'Khan will heal him for <INT/2 per 3 seconds> for every 2 units. Must have at least 3 units present. Undead units do not count. Can switch between mana and health. Passive

Shadow Slash
Damages non-friendly living units for <<INT x 3> - <AGI x 1.5> + 70> at least 6 yards in front of Dar'Khan. For every unit that he damages, one third of the damage inflicted upon that unit will damage Dark'Khan. If the target is killed, it's corpse will be raised as either a shade if it is a spell caster or a shackler if it is a melée unit. Only damages organic units.

Still thinking for the ultimate. Hope you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.