• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Siege of Helms Deep - Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi I currently have no ideas at all for my Siege of Helms Deep map and it has really been around for a while.

Me and my team has no ideas at all of what kind of abilities we should give our four Heroes; Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, High Warlord (Uruk'Hai).

Currently they all have some sort of default ability which isn't very cool. But also I would like them to be something that might have to do with the lore perhaps, atleast nothing such as "Spawn Sparta Army" or "Heavy Lightning of God".

You can find and try out the map here if it would help you to get any cool idea.

Alright, I can do the most kinds of spells/abilities I think so let the ideas come pouring!

First time posting in the "Idea Factory" and I don't know if I'am allowed to be this lazy to ask other people for idea for my own abilities but I'll give it a try!

Edit 1: I'am DONE with all the Uruk'Hai hero spells now but the newest version is not uploaded yet as I want to complete all spells first. So it would now be nice with ideas for Aragorn(3 missing spells), Gimli (2 missing spells) and Legolas (1 missing spell)

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, Vuormalainen, you have come to the right place. The idea factory is used for peoples ideas and to get ideas from! It is 100% legal to use spells people give you for suggestions, or else they wouldn't give you the ideas! Anyway, I am feeling creative, so here you go.

Aragorn

Aragorn's Blade
Aragorn increases his damage and attack speed by X%.

Aragorn's Healing
Aragorn heals a single unit for X amount.

Gimli
Axe Throw
Launches an axe at his target, doing X damage.

Dwarf Specialization
Being a dwarf, Gimli increases his health by X% and attack by X%, but reduces attack speed by X%.

Ground Pound
Gimli leaps in the air and lands in a targeted spot, dealing X damage to all enemies in a X radius.

Legolas
True Shot
Legolas aims an arrow at the targeted units head, dealing X damage.

Quickness
Legolas increases his agility by X and attack and run speed by X% for 20 seconds.

Elven Vision
Legolas can see perfectly anywere, giving his attack a bonus of X.

That's all I have, good luck!

High Warlord

icons_8263_btn.jpg

Savage Calling
The Inner Uruk'Hai strength is shown. The High Warlord's strength is raised, and so his his speed.
Level 1 - Lasts 20 seconds
Level 2 - Lasts 25 seconds
Level 3 - Lasts 30 seconds

icons_7426_btn.jpg

Crossbow Fire
The High Warlord Pulls out his crossbow and can now fire ammo that the warlord may have in his backpack. (Click again to put it away)
Level 1 - Able to Fire from a short Distance
Level 2 - Able to Fire from a medium Distance
Level 3 - Able to Fire from a long Distance

Level 12

High Warlord

icons_8263_btn.jpg

Savage Calling
The Inner Uruk'Hai strength is shown. The High Warlord's strength is raised, and so his his speed.
Level 1 - Lasts 20 seconds
Level 2 - Lasts 25 seconds
Level 3 - Lasts 30 seconds

icons_7426_btn.jpg

Crossbow Fire
The High Warlord Pulls out his crossbow and can now fire ammo that the warlord may have in his backpack. (Click again to put it away)
Level 1 - Able to Fire from a short Distance
Level 2 - Able to Fire from a medium Distance
Level 3 - Able to Fire from a long Distance

Thanks, nice ideas. Gonna add these ones if I just found out how to make the Warlord shoot with crossbow without it looking TOO bad. If you can, please contiune with similar ideas.

Level 11
here

Aragorn

Anduril Narsil's Power
Has 8% percent chance to swing so hard, the sword of aragorn will damage any enemy unit by (your damage) in a 500 AOE, making all the enemy unit miss their attacks for 6% percent for 4 seconds, and will increase aragorns attack speed by 80% for 4 seconds.

Level 12
Aragorn

Anduril Narsil's Power
Has 8% percent chance to swing so hard, the sword of aragorn will damage any enemy unit by (your damage) in a 500 AOE, making all the enemy unit miss their attacks for 6% percent for 4 seconds, and will increase aragorns attack speed by 80% for 4 seconds.

Thank you, nice idea. Just gonna find out how to make units have percent to miss ^^

Edit: nvm I think I found out how to :)

Level 4
Aragorn

Mighty Strike - Aragorn swing his sword with all his strenght in this attack he deals 100 damage to the enemy unit. And got a 35% chance to do this attack once more on the cost of no mana and cooldown. (I think you should choose the most balanced cost and cooldown of this ability. I havn't tried da map so i don't know what would be fair.) Just change the 100 damage if it isn't enough. Though this ability got a chance to launch as many times as possible, since it's repeatable. Make the cooldown 60 sec. or something like that.

Will of the Ancestors -

Friendly Buff - When the friendly buffed player is getting hitted, the player got a 10% chance to be healed by the double of the damage dealt. When this happens it also got a 30% chance to deal the double of the damage done.

Legolas

Furious Slap - Dazes the enemy unit for 20 seconds. Any damage dealt to the unit by players will be avoid, deals 10 damage to the dazed unit every second. If Legolas deals any damage to the dazed unit, then he will get the damage, preventing the dazed unit from getting hitted.

Last edited:
Level 12
Aragorn

Mighty Strike - Aragorn swing his sword with all his strenght in this attack he deals 100 damage to the enemy unit. And got a 35% chance to do this attack once more on the cost of no mana and cooldown. (I think you should choose the most balanced cost and cooldown of this ability. I havn't tried da map so i don't know what would be fair.) Just change the 100 damage if it isn't enough. Though this ability got a chance to launch as many times as possible, since it's repeatable. Make the cooldown 60 sec. or something like that.

Will of the Ancestors -

Friendly Buff - When the friendly buffed player is getting hitted, the player got a 10% chance to be healed by the double of the damage dealt. When this happens it also got a 30% chance to deal the double of the damage done.

Legolas

Furious Slap - Dazes the enemy unit for 20 seconds. Any damage dealt to the unit by players will be avoid, deals 10 damage to the dazed unit every second. If Legolas deals any damage to the dazed unit, then he will get the damage, preventing the dazed unit from getting hitted.

Thank you, I liked the Aragorn ideas. If you can, come up with some for Gimli :grin::grin:

Level 4
Gimli:

Ancestrals Guidance: Gives Gimli the ability to get healed 10/15/20 health over 20 seconds after making a 5/10/15% chance activation after attacking an enemy. [If memory serves dwarves have great respect for their ancestors, either that or I am thinking of Warhammer...]

Throwing Axe: Just like Dentothor's Uruk-Hai ability. Throws an Axe in a Small/Small/Medium range, dealing high damage, but has low Ammo. [No other LotR map i have seen has respected this ability =( ]

Dwarven Rage: Gives Gimli a 30% chance to take 0 damage and gain 500 bonus hit points and +15 damage for 5 seconds.

Legolas:

Arrow Storm: Legolas readies his bow, shooting 5/10/15 arrows in a line, each arrow deals damage equal to his Agility * 1.5/2/2.5

Dual-Blades: Legolas puts away his bow and draws out 2 elvish blades, making him a High DPS hero.

Level 12
Gimli:

Ancestrals Guidance: Gives Gimli the ability to get healed 10/15/20 health over 20 seconds after making a 5/10/15% chance activation after attacking an enemy. [If memory serves dwarves have great respect for their ancestors, either that or I am thinking of Warhammer...]

Throwing Axe: Just like Dentothor's Uruk-Hai ability. Throws an Axe in a Small/Small/Medium range, dealing high damage, but has low Ammo. [No other LotR map i have seen has respected this ability =( ]

Dwarven Rage: Gives Gimli a 30% chance to take 0 damage and gain 500 bonus hit points and +15 damage for 5 seconds.

Legolas:

Arrow Storm: Legolas readies his bow, shooting 5/10/15 arrows in a line, each arrow deals damage equal to his Agility * 1.5/2/2.5

Dual-Blades: Legolas puts away his bow and draws out 2 elvish blades, making him a High DPS hero.

Thanks, and I actually use axe throwing already :p
But I think this is all the ideas I need this far! Will implent them soon.

Level 18
Aragorn
Numenoreen's Blood - Passive / Self - Has x% chance to revive upon death
Leader of the Men - Active / AoE - Gives one chance to every nearby unit to instantly kill their future target (Buff is disabled when the unit attacks)
Glorious Stand - On/Off / Self - Disables movement but highly increases armor, hit points and damages dealt

Gimli
Battles are Games - Passive / Self - Gives a percent chance to ignore damages taken

Level 31
Gimli :
War Stomp : Jumps to a point stomping units on the landing. (if u need help triggering this i aleardy made it for the Mountain King).
(a bit like when he jumps from the side of the castle on the Bridge in the movie)

==================================================
Kill Number ===> Can be an ability or just a bonus (for Legolas and Gimli). every kills give 0.2 Str(for gimli)/Agi(for Legolas). The hero between Gimli and Legolas with the most kills gets a 2 bonus Str(Gimli)/Agi(Legolas).

Status
Not open for further replies.