• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WH40K Hero Siege

Goosebearslug (Sid_the_slug) presents
Warhammer 40k Hero Siege
Created by Sid_the_slug

Map Info

The Command Centre is under siege. Mercenary commanders from all Warhammer 40000 factions have been hired to defend the destructive armies of Warcraft 3. Fortunately the Command Centre and Command Posts use revival technology allowing you to resurrect after a short period of time. Will you survive the endless onslaught of the Orcs and Scourge to tell a courageous tale or will you fall beneath the corpses and fall into an endless sleep.
There are 2 different modes available and 3 different difficulties.

Classic Mode: Defend then destroy both main bases of the enemies. This mode has all features. Average time is 1 hour 45 minutes.
Defence Mode: Defend the Command Centre. In this mode secret heros can not be found and captured units can not be rescued. Average time is 45 minutes.

Normal: Enemies deal 100% damage.
Hard: Enemies deal 250% damage.
Godlike: Enemies deal 400% damage.

Features

Play as 8 different Warhammer 40000 heros and 3 secret heros in this epic struggle against the orcs and undead forces of Warcraft 3. Heal and restore mana at the bots placed around your base.

• Unique bosses
  • 3 hidden heros
  • 7 unique item shops
  • Rescueable heros
  • Up to 5 hours worth of play time (depending on difficulty)
  • Wide range of buyable units
  • Balanced heros which are good at specific roles
  • Suitable custom models which help improve the Warhammer environment

Some other stuff about map

As a result from testing my map many times ive managed to make every hero very balanced and fit for specific roles throughout the game. This map has gone through many stages and since it was first uploaded on Hiveworkshop it has improved a lot. If you find any more suitable models that in your opinion should be in this map just tell me and I’ll have a look. I sudjest to play this map in Classic Mode to experience all features.
In Hard and Godlike difficulties it is sudjested that you have a team of unique heros such as support, early game and late game heros.

Screenshots

sidtheslug
[/URL].jpg/gif/png"[/IMG]

sidtheslug

sidtheslug

sidtheslug

Added:
  • Gretchin ranged increased
  • 3 selectable difficulties
Removed:

Fixed:

Changed:

Credits

Credits:

Models:
  • Pyramidhead
  • Burning Dragon
  • Mechanical Man
Tutorials/Systems:
  • –Kobas-

• Author's notes

All comments and ideas for the map are appreciated and I will answer any idea or review with a comment.

Keywords:
    Warhammer, Hero, Hero Defense, Defense, Survival, Defend, Alien, Future, space, marine, undead, orc, Warhammer 40k hero seige.
Contents

WH40K Hero Siege (Map)

Reviews
19:33, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Just to let you know, the game universe which you are basing this map off is called Warhammer 40,000, or WH40K, not Warhammer. Even ask Pyramidhead. The game is quite fine, but you should make a map preview. Maps with map previews attract lots more downloaders, and I know for a fact there a millions of Warhammer 40k images on the net. Great job with the map. 3/5.

Level 9
Hmm... Any model credits? And possibly make the heroes have a ZERO food cost.

Edit: Read the first few words of the ability description of "Summon Necron" when you've already learnt it
Edit: Check the "Defieler" description. And its spelt "Defiler".
Edit: There is something definetly wrong with the units from the mercenary camp's death.

Last edited:
Level 6
warhammer 40k is technically incorect. the game is called warhammer 40,000. during conversasions people may use 40k but you are making a game, you have room. whatever you do don't call it warhammer because that is a completely different (and better suited to warcraft 3) game.

Level 9
warhammer 40k is technically incorect. the game is called warhammer 40,000. during conversasions people may use 40k but you are making a game, you have room. whatever you do don't call it warhammer because that is a completely different (and better suited to warcraft 3) game.

But you should know, if the game name is exremely long, it wont show up in warcraft and it isn't very necessary.

Level 4
Thanks, Goosebearslug:

I used to play the actual Table Top version of Warhammer 40k long time ago. Tyranids were the race I invested in. Again, thanks for looking into it, and good luck. If you need help with anything, let me know, especially finding models to help fit that gap. If I find any models, I could also have them skinned. :)

Level 3

Attachments

• asm.JPG
    asm.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,463
  • Dred5.JPG
    Dred5.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 540
  • Mar.JPG
    Mar.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 537
  • Necron Lord.JPG
    Necron Lord.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Tau.JPG
    Tau.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 524
  • ss0000wf0.jpg
    ss0000wf0.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 447
Level 2
Nice models. I'm testing this solo, and I must say it's very challenging. I used cheats to get my strength character's stats to 350 and agility to 200, and the mobs are still killing me. You should nerf the attackers a little bit, and make the summoned skeletons weaker, because necromancers just summon endless armies of them. Spawn rate is a bit fast. Skills are really useless against the huge waves after a while. Items should be a little bit cheaper too, just to make this game actually winnable. Props for the uniqueness though!

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the comments. I have redone every single hero giving them 5 abilites each and more levels for each ability. The abilities are now also more interesting and suit there race alot more. There are also many changes such as improved bounty gold from enemies and such. I am also trying to think of ways to make the game shorter while not reducing the difficulty because many people cant stay for the whole game.

Level 1
Necron Lord, bug level 20 to 21 stops responding and throw skill moves by itself, only happens sometimes :(

;excellent indeed very fun map

Level 6
Yeh ive seen that bug numerous times. It is quite rare but i think its to do with the nightbringer ability. It is where the Necron Lord acts like a ward when near combat and u are unable to cast spells. I think its happened on the Chaos knight aswel due to his demon prince ability :/

I saw a tyranid in it. But Im not sure if it works. There are quite a lot of bugs in this game, but I like the idea for example You Necron monolith is doing the birth anim when it is present, and not the stand. Theres also the fact that you rescue the Warcraft heroes, but from then on the exp will halve, and if you have 3, third etc. So I think you should just rescue strong units.

Level 6
Well atm I have only changed the bosses and added them abilities. I removed spell immunity from them all and balanced them so they are all hard instead of just archimonde. Need ideas for big changes and perhaps I will make a bigger variety of attacking units.

Level 13
This game is quite hard, but Its also really fun, my friends and I spent 2 hours tryng to beat it; and we eventually did. Awesome map :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Ty :D. Whenever I play it online it tends to go for around 145 mins aswel :/.

Well, its a good thing isn't it. It keeps you entertained for longer, it gives you that ultamate feeling of sucess on completion; and it makes you want to play it again later ^^

Level 13
It was a version that my friend hosted >:| I will test the latest version soon.
Also I will find/unlock all those new secret heros ;)