• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Werewolf - Transylvania

Version 1.29.01
A werewolf is picked at random from the 8 players; 7 shall raise armies to thwart the werewolf, while the werewolf must hunt down the villagers.
Created by Jesse_James (AKA Wasted_Savior)
Edited by: Jesse_James, Antiseen(ud), Pwnage, Falanor

Villages
Villages get to choose between Hunting, Farming, Fishing, Merchant, Forging, Crafting or a combination to generate an income. It is the goal of the villager to raise an army to defeat the werewolf either during the day when he is weak or at night when he is strongest. Teamwork is suggested but not necessary for victory.

Werewolf
The werewolf plays much like the villager in that during the day he must hide from the other villagers while doing jobs to build his own army. During the night the werewolf transforms and is able to hunt the other villagers. The werewolf has no team mates, though he can play the rest of the villagers because of his anonymity.

Screen Shots

Screenshot-2016-06-13-15.18.42.png

Screenshot-2016-06-13-15.19.53.png

Screenshot-2016-06-13-15.22.49.png

wwt1.png

wwt2.png

wwt3.png

Changelog

Desync Issues
Latest version of the game is now playable again. Tests show that desyncs are not occurring as often as they did on 1.28 after latest Blizzard’s patch.

Role Preference
You will be able to set your role preference at the start of the game. You have 25 seconds to choose if you want to be werewolf or not before the game start. Keep in mind that if everyone chooses “NO” it will still be chosen randomly.

Easter Egg
Three strange wizards wandered into our map. They love to talk and make comments on different players.

List command
List command was removed.

You can find full list of changes in #change-log on our official Discord server.
Or on our forums here.

Authors Notes
If you have any bugs/errors/suggestions you'd like to submit or simply want to chat with people who like playing Werewolf Transylvania, please join our Discord Discord

Keywords:
Werewolf, Transylvania, Wolf, Survival, magic, simulation, Village, Farming, Hunting, Fishing
Contents

Werewolf - Transylvania (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: This map is a newer version of an already existing map that was approved. The map author requested the other be removed because it was obsolete and was submited by another user (not him) and so could not update it.

M

Dr Super Good:
This map is a newer version of an already existing map that was approved. The map author requested the other be removed because it was obsolete and was submited by another user (not him) and so could not update it.

Level 18
I love this map and play it as often as I see it hosted. It's truly great. To Wasted_Savior: I have the very same type of taste in maps... would you ever be interested in getting together on a dual project to work on something like this? PM me if so. My work includes the hosted project Against the Darkness here on THW.

( http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=343 )

9/10.

Level 2
I have played this game before on battle net and i think it is very fun but it has some bugs still and takes a while to get the game going. it also has little use of teams and no shared vision. every time i played this game i end up just building a base and then doing nothing for half an hour except searching for a werewolf... it has potentional but i think it needs improvement

Level 6
If you had shared vision you'd know who werewolf was without effort, it was never intended to be a team game, but you can make alliances "at your own risk" - I understand that new comers to the game could have a slow start, or bury themselves in a base- it's based on mystery, suspense, and deceit, not hack & slash fast pace action - If thats not your style this probably isn't the map for you
Thanks for the Comments

Level 1
God of all godly maps. Wonderful new systems being put into place to allow further streamline play and just plain awesome gaming. Let there be long nights of Werewolf Transylvania playing for ALL!
Also, do 1.12 eventually and put mah name on it damnit!
Also also: Vof will rise again with the help of good players, contact me on Azeroth east and help me rm clan (wasteds in it dont worry bout that)

Level 1
I love this map, but I absolutely hate it too. It crashes SO MUCH! I'll play for 45 minutes...build up my gold and forces.....get ready to hunt the wolf.....find out where he is.....

Then it crashes.

The map crashes before the game ends about 80% of the time I play this map, no exaggeration.

Level 6
Man... transylvania is here, in romania and I live in Romania...
ALL my live i've NEVER heared about WEREWOLVES in transylvania omg...

Yah, I also don't know what has this to do with Transylvania :D

Your point? Is there really a school called Hogwarts in England? Is there really any truth to the book the da vinci code? No, why? because fantasy fiction is exactly that, FICTION.

This map is set in Transylvania because I've read numerous stories about Dracula creating/releasing/using the werewolf for his own gain. Maybe you haven't, but your not the only Romanian mate.

Level 6
Actualy... There is a disease called Lycanotrophy that really makes you a kind of "werewolf". You body becomes full of hair and you just start losing your memory. Can make you a gorilla or a baboo but not a wolf =D

It's called Hypertrichosis, aka werewolf syndrome, not lycanthrophy.
It has no affect on your memory, it's simply an excess of body hair.

Level 6
Not that... lycanotrophy causes losing of memory!

There is 2 separate medical conditions that relate to werewolves, the one i mentioned, were they take on one of the characteristics of a wolf, and another that is purely psychological. Delusional patients who believe they are a werewolf.

Neither causes loss of memory. Werewolves are not real, and i still don't see why your making such a big deal out of this...

Level 6
"were" means human...

What does that have to do with anything? Im just going to assume this has nothing to do with your intelligence and everything to do with a lingual barrier.

If you would like to continue this discussion in a mature, calm and intelligent fashion then by all means send me a private message, but i would appreciate it if we could take this conversation away from the comments of my map, so that people who actually wish to comment on it are free to do so.

Level 26
Played this game with the intent of quitting during the countdown (I'm sooooo evil :D). Fortunately, my keyboard jammed. Now I'm addicted. This map is like Vampirism, only with more than a modicum of skill and logic required. One thing I want, though. VERTICAL WALLS! All the gates and walls are aligned horizontally, which kinda messes up some bases.

Level 6
Played this game with the intent of quitting during the countdown (I'm sooooo evil :D). Fortunately, my keyboard jammed. Now I'm addicted. This map is like Vampirism, only with more than a modicum of skill and logic required. One thing I want, though. VERTICAL WALLS! All the gates and walls are aligned horizontally, which kinda messes up some bases.

Only aesthetically, All walls and gates are Square, so the position does not matter, the direction it goes would only be aesthetic, and i would need to import a new model to change that.

Sorry, its not worth the file size :[

Level 5
Hey, specifically to Wasted Savior:

Me and my friend played your map a total of 3 times. It didn't take us long to come to the conclusion. We both like your writing style and whatnot, and we like your map.

That being said, we are both map-makers, you can check out any of my maps, just PM me cause a lot of remixes of them have been uploaded.

We were wondering if you'd like to work with us on improving Werewolf - Transylvania. We like the map, but we'd love to play it more often if there was some major improvements to it. I have a full list of things to change, let me know (PM) if you want to take Werewolf a couple steps further.

Also, if you are lazy, or sort of don't care about Werewolf anymore, (as some map creators feel after awhile with their maps), then we can talk about having the map passed down into good hands, all in your credit of course.

Thank you for your time,

Gloomfrost

Level 17
Werewolf - Transylvania is a map where a player is randomly chosen as the werewolf. This player must then eliminate the others, while trying to conceal his identity.

The map's terrain was great for what it was, and had many varied areas. This might seem rather short, but there's not much less to say, really. I can't really find any flaws in the map's presentation.

In the end gameplay is what it all comes down to, and this map never failed to deliver. The game never played out the exact same. Ever. There were many ways to get gold, such as fishing or hunting. You're also able to perform a mix, although that never really worked out for me. The techtree was really far off any of the ones in warcraft 3 melee, and it performed flawlessly. The element of untrust built between the players was great. A complaint was that the items weren't exactly balanced. It's not much of a problem, as they're all available to everyone with the same stats and gold cost. Also, the fishing mechanics felt rather tacked on. I can help you achieve a smoother effect if you'd like.

My Rating:

My Recommendations:
Balance the items.
A smoother fishing system.

Level 4
When i play it on garena this happens players quit because they think farming is weak and boring and the werewolf is a little bit too strong oh and also pls add a new hero to become(kinda like the werewolf)for some villagers like a ghost

Level 3
man wining as the wolf is a massive bitch! and its annoying how some one will always build a base uber fast then kill everyone just for the fuck of it or simple because they have more power

Level 1
Autocast on shrink doesn't work. I couldn't kill werewolf in human forms 3 times because I couldn't reach the key fast enough before he ran. 3 times he would've died if autocast actually worked.

Level 19
in the last version i killed 2 players with mah bare human form hands!
those ivory towers are the shit

Level 2
Awesome map, but i think i found a bug:

When i die and become a spirit, and i cast [I think its called posess?] and if the creature that i posess dies before the spell is complete, the spell glitches and I dont get to become a zombie, and i cant see anything at all for that matter

So do u think u could make the spell like instant cast? It happens on rare occasions but when it does it drives me insane :sad:

Level 2

Q.Q :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I only can read/see this. Soz but you dont have any imagination.
use your brain, your mind! -.-' then you maybe can like this map.

well... okay thats all :D
---------------------
Hey I have a question. What's the Owl eater heart 'bout?
I activated the power of all 3 items but i dunno what the heart means

Last edited:
Hello!

First of all, i'm a big fan of your game ^^ 1.18 is definately an improvement. When can we expect to see 1.19? Also, it seems that the 'fish hatching' net, only displays 'it have reached it's capacity' when the capacity actually is reached. It'd be great if it also displayed it, when the next hatch would be superficial.

Also, what about making a burrow-type tower, (in shape of a small tower) that then must have 1 archer in it to fire or something? it's tiring that only the war looms act as towers.

pt. 3: When you fish, sometimes, the fish spawns on land, and is pulled over land. I don't know what kind of check you do, to see if you're in water. (If you'd like to tell me, i'd be greatly honored, i usually use the 'sand' terrain from sunken ruins to make fishable areas, but it's annoying work.) But you could use the same check, as if to see if the fisher's in the water. (another obvious solution would be to make the ability point-target, but it would make it take more time.) (Oh, also, the reel in-special effect works OK, but the fish should be reeled in more flowingly.

pt. 4 It is possible to fish, even when you're reeling in a fish, the pause duration should be longened, when you actually catch something, if you want to make more realistic gameplay.

pt. 5 Is it supposed to be so, that the zombies aren't allied with the werewolf? It seems odd.

That was some error messages :) here's some suggestions:

Well... I'm shure that you've probably played 'dark deeds' (I'm sure of it, actually) where it, not only is a randomly selected player, but also a randomly selected evil character. I, and many others, i'm sure of, like the variable types of evildoers. I think it could possibly be implemented as a game mode.

Also, the whole 'reality and mystery theme' looks good, but what about listing the percentage stolen on the death bell?

Level 5
Nice ideas Gamecrafter, but I guarantee you that by the time I'll get to working on 1.19, I won't remember them. If you want to post suggestions, then copy/pasta what you just said to the werewolf forums in suggestions/discussion;

vof.smfforfree4.com

Thanks for your input,

~Gloom

first of all, i like this piece of warcraft 3 :D very much. I enjoyed this game.
The one thing i saw is this so called stranger selling books. What is this guy for? Hint?
And also is the werewolf picking totally random or there is something special to do first to became the werewolf. We (me and playmates) always believe that the last one to build anything will became a wolf. Is that true?

Level 5
The werewolf picking is completely random! :)

The stranger will be redone in 1.19, but for now, he is basically selling books to give you hints of the location of three easter eggs in the game.

The problem is that most people already know where they all are, and will get them before you even get to reading the first page of the books. :( But you can still try, even in SP if you'd like to know where they are. :)

Happy Hunting,

~Gloom

Level 12
This map is perfect. The only imperfectinness (sorry for the misspelled wrong word, but that's the first thing that came into my head to write) is that i can't find the itens. And i'm not very often a nice wolfy. Except by that...