1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. [Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Decide who's the leader among the leaders! The poll for the Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are looking for your vote! Choose the best icon set of the Icon Contest #15!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice

Werewolf - Transylvania

Submitted by Wasted_Savior
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
Version 1.27.01
A werewolf is picked at random from the 8 players; 7 shall raise armies to thwart the werewolf, while the werewolf must hunt down the villagers.
Created by Jesse_James (AKA Wasted_Savior)
Edited by: Jesse_James, Antiseen(ud), Pwnage

Villages
Villages get to choose between Hunting, Farming, Fishing, Merchant, Forging, Crafting or a combination to generate an income. It is the goal of the villager to raise an army to defeat the werewolf either during the day when he is weak or at night when he is strongest. Teamwork is suggested but not necessary for victory.

Werewolf
The werewolf plays much like the villager in that during the day he must hide from the other villagers while doing jobs to build his own army. During the night the werewolf transforms and is able to hunt the other villagers. The werewolf has no team mates, though he can play the rest of the villagers because of his anonymity.

Screen Shots
Screen Shots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Changelog

Authors Notes
If you have any bugs/errors or suggestions you'd like to submit please join us at forums.vofpro.com
If you're interested in how we make our games and what kind of logic and psychology goes into them follow our blog at vofpro.com

Keywords:
Werewolf, Transylvania, Wolf, Survival, magic, simulation, Village, Farming, Hunting, Fishing
Contents

Werewolf - Transylvania (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: This map is a newer version of an already existing map that was approved. The map author requested the other be removed because it was obsolete and was submited by another user (not him) and so could not update it.
  1. Dr Super Good:
    This map is a newer version of an already existing map that was approved. The map author requested the other be removed because it was obsolete and was submited by another user (not him) and so could not update it.

2. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

I love this map and play it as often as I see it hosted. It's truly great. To Wasted_Savior: I have the very same type of taste in maps... would you ever be interested in getting together on a dual project to work on something like this? PM me if so. My work includes the hosted project Against the Darkness here on THW.

( http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=343 )

9/10.

3. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Definetly one of my favourite games to play on Battle.Net, be it Transylavania, Advanced, or even the original versions, the Werewolf games are about as fun as they get.

4. EVILemu

EVILemu

I have played this game before on battle net and i think it is very fun but it has some bugs still and takes a while to get the game going. it also has little use of teams and no shared vision. every time i played this game i end up just building a base and then doing nothing for half an hour except searching for a werewolf... it has potentional but i think it needs improvement

5. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior

If you had shared vision you'd know who werewolf was without effort, it was never intended to be a team game, but you can make alliances "at your own risk" - I understand that new comers to the game could have a slow start, or bury themselves in a base- it's based on mystery, suspense, and deceit, not hack & slash fast pace action - If thats not your style this probably isn't the map for you
    Thanks for the Comments

6. Matrixguy_666_

Matrixguy_666_

God of all godly maps. Wonderful new systems being put into place to allow further streamline play and just plain awesome gaming. Let there be long nights of Werewolf Transylvania playing for ALL!
    Also, do 1.12 eventually and put mah name on it damnit!
    Also also: Vof will rise again with the help of good players, contact me on Azeroth east and help me rm clan (wasteds in it dont worry bout that)

7. XxYoUrDeAdxX

XxYoUrDeAdxX

I've gotta ask a question... How come whenver werewolf attacks with his minions, WC3 Crashes?

8. insaneownage

insaneownage

I love this map, but I absolutely hate it too. It crashes SO MUCH! I'll play for 45 minutes...build up my gold and forces.....get ready to hunt the wolf.....find out where he is.....

Then it crashes.

The map crashes before the game ends about 80% of the time I play this map, no exaggeration.

9. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior

The crash has been fixed =]

10. EetDrt

EetDrt

How To

I was wondering how do you set up the fishing pole.

11. Fawkes-

Fawkes-

When will we see a new version?

12. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior

All you need to do is buy a fishing pole and run out into the water.

1.16c updated

13. Vercas

Vercas

Man... transylvania is here, in romania and I live in Romania...
    ALL my live i've NEVER heared about WEREWOLVES in transylvania omg...

14. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Yah, I also don't know what has this to do with Transylvania :D

15. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior

Your point? Is there really a school called Hogwarts in England? Is there really any truth to the book the da vinci code? No, why? because fantasy fiction is exactly that, FICTION.

This map is set in Transylvania because I've read numerous stories about Dracula creating/releasing/using the werewolf for his own gain. Maybe you haven't, but your not the only Romanian mate.

16. Vercas

Vercas

So a mad pig wrote that books...
    Man i borned in romania and i heared the story about dracula but NOTHING about werewolves... Werewolves appeared later in England first!

17. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior

I fail to see your point, this is a work of fiction, werewolves aren't even real.

18. Vercas

Vercas

Actualy... There is a disease called Lycanotrophy that really makes you a kind of "werewolf". You body becomes full of hair and you just start losing your memory. Can make you a gorilla or a baboo but not a wolf =D

19. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior

It's called Hypertrichosis, aka werewolf syndrome, not lycanthrophy.
    It has no affect on your memory, it's simply an excess of body hair.