• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I dropped in to Hive for the first time in a while because I'm finally working up the will to get into SC2 mapping, and this is the first thing I see. Really awesome, can't wait to give it a whirl.

Level 11
Haha, I have to say I'm curious about all of it. I only had time to pop on and try out the tutorial, but I was floored by what an accurate recreation it was of the Dungeon Keeper feel.

I feel so clumsy trying to do even simple things in the SC2 editor compared to WC3 (my first venture into the data editor produced a single unit with a single ability after several hours of messing around), but seeing some of the things you can do with it - this being a perfect example - I guess it'll be worth it in the end.

Level 7
As I suggestion I would start editing existing units instead of creating new one, the data editor is kinda weird if you are coming from wc3. You first have to learn the relations between units-actors-models and abilities-effects-buttons-unitCommandCard

If you have troubles with the data editor try to do it with the trigger editor, it should be a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.