• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Programmers usually start with code displaying "Hello World"

Well I started with showing you much more ^^'.
I will try to show you more and more things each day.
Let's create this project together.
Your ideas can save some time :)
Be free to ask any questions related to project here, I will post progress infomations here as well as in map development thread :)
Oh suggestions and ideas should be posted in development sub forum!

Be sure to check:
Map Info

Thanks for reading, have a nice day :)
-Kobas-

Level 3
It's about time admins woke up! We've been waiting two weeks for HP to come out!

Anyways, -Kobas- put a lot of effort into this project and I'm sure that, by the time the first official version is released, it will turn out to be very much worth the wait! :cool:

baassee I have something to ask.

• Anaxes 01 Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 300.00 of Anaxes Camp 1 0274 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Special Effect - Destroy QuestSE[1]
      • Set QuestS[1] = |n|cffc8c8c8- Kill Shadow Wolf (Uncompleted)|r
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Salvation with the description (Please, if you find giant wolf somewhere hidden in the forest, slay him, you will save our camp from attacks. + QuestS[1]), using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |c0000FF00Salvation...
      • Quest - Enable (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Discovered
      • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
      • Set Quest[1] = (Last created quest)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
This is setup trigger for my testing quest.
It work ok like this. But if I add variable into this trigger action:
  • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |c0000FF00Salvation...
It will display string with |n and such like errors :sad:

Can I use custom scripts do avoid this?
Or do it like this...

Nothing important but still I would like to use variables instead of copy and pasting text...

But check my variable above, it use |n as well as color code!
Trigger action that create quest do it fine, but trigger action that display it, do it wrong :sad:

It is much easier to change variable description and just copy and paste quest triggers, than editing text, because sometimes CNP can remove some text from trigger action (2 long text, try with Game - Display message if you don't trust me)

Level 15
When doing quest text in GUI you use enter not |n b/c it runs through a trigger that does the spacing for you. It doesn't do it for anything else JUST quest-tab text. You can VJass the non-BJ and do it the way you want but other than that just use return.

Project looks great man, good luck with this ^-^

Level 6
When i play this map i find a lot of bug.
When I was a quest in which you want to kill the Shadow Wolf, I did it and nothing happened. Quest has remained unclimbed. I was able to perform only one quest with the murder of ordinary wolves.
It is also very inconvenient to leave their homes, because that is when I click on exit it i was teleport back. And with only 10 attempts I was able to get out of it.
I liked terrania.
My mark to this map 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.