• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rearranging some shiznit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I got a minor infraction because i mistakingly thought the forum "Map Development" meant what it stated.
After some thinking about this, here is my suggestion.

Under Artist's Discussion > Work In Progress & Critique add
WIP/Critique: Map Development

Then change Map Development to Project Recruitment with sub-forum Idea Factory.
Then place sub-forum Request A Resource in forum Requests.

Level 9
I understand that i must read the "rules" for each forum but Map Development does NOT mean "what it is", it DOES, however, mean what it was intented for.. but NOT what it states. Just because 'critiqing only' is associated with "development" doesn't mean that's the definition of "development". I wanted to "develop" my map...

Although i didn't read the rules before posting, nor the topic title of any other thread when i posted, i was using common sense when reading the words "Map Development". I then became at fault for someone else's lack of common sense. Trust me, it would be a lot better organized the way i have suggested it.

I don't want to turn this thread into a personal complaint.. But i will defend my suggestion and the absurdity that is the comment that 'Map Development encompasses a WHOLE LOT.. of one thing' (That is desert-dry sarcasm)

Level 35
"should" and "do" are two different things. Most users fail to actually read forum descriptions, leaving "Map Development" with a confusing name in some ways. There isn't really a rearrangement needed to fix that, just a renaming. How does "Project Development" sound? o:

More like something which cant be misunderstood :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.