• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Welcome to Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I saw the ranger icon around, it seems that icon, and many of the fancy ones we see today, such as that tornado of malicious spirits, and others, were from the BETA. I knew Warcraft III players didn't have the 1337 skill to do that ;P

Leet skills?

What do you mean?

It seems that Blizz made them in 1999 - 2003 and added them in WoW,for all this time,we considered them WoWish,but they were BETA!

Level 6
To make it the situation completely clear:
1.The Warcraft 3 beta has no 6 races (that was the rps stage from 1999)
2.The Beta isn't playable since there are no servers
3.I uploaded three models from the Beta, more coming soon
4.Don't post all questions in the forum, just write me
Skypö: idrachod

Level 23
I guess he means the ground tiles. It will probably be submitted yes.

/@ coolman, I dont know why they removed the other two, but the lumbermill do exist already. Make a filtered search before submitting so that it doesnt get doubled for the rest of them.

Level 4
I guess he means the ground tiles. It will probably be submitted yes.

/@ coolman, I dont know why they removed the other two, but the lumbermill do exist already. Make a filtered search before submitting so that it doesnt get doubled for the rest of them.

good they look awesome (at least in the pictures)

Level 24
Looks great so far!

What about the old Alpha Dreadlord,that's the most badass unit!

I actually need it!

Also,people,there are 2 more games:

Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Beta

Warcraft-adventures-boxart.jpg

bwcdbeta.jpg

Rare as gold!

And I really need to play them!

And:

2713.jpg

It may not be Blizzard,it's Sierra,but still it's Diablo!

Level 17
Looks great so far!

What about the old Alpha Dreadlord,that's the most badass unit!

I actually need it!

Also,people,there are 2 more games:

Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Beta

Warcraft-adventures-boxart.jpg

bwcdbeta.jpg

Rare as gold!

And I really need to play them!

And:

2713.jpg

It may not be Blizzard,it's Sierra,but still it's Diablo!
I have Diablo Hellfire. It might have been good 10 years ago, but it doesn't stop Diablo from feeling dated as hell.

Level 23
Maybe. Maybe not. Fact is that those models are never gonna be used for anything anymore, and if it gives warcraft 3 a boost, they might as well release it instead of letting it rot on their hard drives...

True... or they are going to use it like they did with some of the betaicons, using them either in another game or rework them from scratch.

Level 23
Can you just attach a .zip file containing the files instead?

The reason why I added them into a map is partly because I wanted to see if they really worked in game, and that some of them require textures. So adding them into the map would be easy to just see where the textures should be placed.

Ill add them in a rar archive.

Attachments

• Alpha&BetaModels.rar
    440.1 KB · Views: 101
Level 23
Yeah, those models are real alpha (and betas). But currently the guy who exported it trough the alpha.mpq seems to be inactive on that site I found them.

And wow, yeah that is a nice collection. I havent looked on the beta models yet though, I will within a day or two.
I suggest, that you did like me: Manage attachments and attach the rar archive to your post.

Level 23
Well, we are not quite done with the wc3 beta and alpha yet;)

The warcraft 2 beta must have been extremely rare... but I think I came across it on the web last week or 2 weeks ago or something. I am not sure where to find it again tho... but google is your friend even though it has been proved a few times that google just wastes your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.