• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I just wanted to say as a fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I wanted to simply state my piece, I understand thats not to popular of a thing these days and people dont care to hear an honest opinion, however I wish to do so and hope somewhere out there someone or some people agree with me or at least see it all differently.

Dear Fans and Original players of Warcraft,

I was 6 years old when warcraft 3 reign of chaos came out around july 3, 2002 and I was introduced to the world of warcraft by my father, my father had started before me with warcraft: Orcs and Humans back in 1994 and Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness in 1995. He taught me everything about warcraft and its lore and showed me a love for pc games, video games, and fantasy, and even Blizzard, the company as a whole, and the community that fit it all into one tiny package. I loved warcraft, and most people say im to young, or say I dont understand what its like and what it means to play the game, I thought I did, enjoying it for what it was and playing the original games and experiencing the universe from the start to finish. I played Frozen throne as it came out a year later in 03, spending that time with my dad, talking about the awesome new things in the game and the new campaigns, I was 7 mind you and yes, I didnt play the muiltplayer or experience the community or even the custom map community. However I had love for the series and its lore, that felt like enough for me. Then there was world of warcraft the official MMO that came out a year after that, I got so giddy and excited, this was though the moment I didnt have access to the continuing series as my father felt i was to young to be playing this game, as it was a different animal. I didnt get to play WoW untill I was 12 years old, by this time I was distracted by extra activites in my life like girls and felt I had grown past it and couldnt play it, But that upset my dad, I could see it hurt him to see his son abandon a game we both loved. So I picked up a mouse and keyboard and experienced it all for the first time and got hooked for years, I started from burning crusade missing the true vanilla WoW days and played till Cataclysm, as my account would be hacked prompting me to quit, as Blizzard couldnt do anything being that an authenticator from the hacker was connected to the account, this became to much of a process for me at the time to deal with and the customer service was much worse at the moment. I was 13 at that time, Me and my dad and as well as my younger brother had let go of WoW however had picked up Starcraft 2: Wings of liberty, this then prompted my time of learning everything about Starcraft, I had played the originals and forgot about it entirely suprised they would even make a sequal and much to my suprised i loved it. Again though life came rolling by some stuff happend and I had let go again to be reinvigorated by the two Starcraft DLCs Heart of the swarm and legacy of the void, I was 16 when HOS had hit the shelves and 19 when Void had released. Blizzard games were to me like the crazy Ex you couldnt let go of, she was hot sometimes then I couldnt deal with all her shit, and what she would do to me. This was pretty recurring and I know some people out there feel that with Blizzard, the constant bullshit and disappointment, the micro transactions with each game, coming back to some new shit for it to not be all that.

I let go of Blizzard for awhile after that, but what made me come back a year or to ago was well, that love I had for it, remembering the good and the memories created from it, and the characters and the universe and so on. And thats what I felt with reforged, I stopped having expectations and loved it for what it was and i feel like people forgot about what gaming was suppose to be down the line and its about enjoying it, instead of expecting so much from it. I understand you want a quality product, something of the future and hold blizzard to a Standard because of there mistakes, and I understand they have done some inexcusable things, however you have to consider where they are at as a company and who they are truly owned by and that is the shareholders, Activision, they barely own anything and the only reason there lights are on is because of esports. And honestly I thought they did great with reforged, and I could see the potential and what it could of been, but we as the fans were one of the reasons it didnt happen, they said they wanted to fit it to the canon of WoW, they said they wanted to change it completely and add more. Then some how it got lost in the shuffle that they changed their minds because of fan response and didnt want to change the formula but make it easier to play for any newcomers. And that they lost half there staff and had to work with new employees to work with a game they never had any experience on.

The point is we didnt have there back, we know they have made mistakes and I understand they themselves in ways maybe lost sight at what built them up, but we didnt back them, we didnt believe in them and we just pawned it all off as a company fuck up and blamed Blizzard when there was a lot more pieces on the board. All we did was rise up and be angry rather then provide feedback that was malleable.

I love Warcraft Reforged and I hope blizzard isnt discouraged to do something great with it, just because there community felt the need to rise up against them.

Sincerely with a great amount of respect, Vanguard of the Horde.

~El

Level 17
All we did was rise up and be angry rather then provide feedback that was malleable.

I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true. They were given LOADS of feedback. Warcraft III has been in a half-broken half-working state for the last 2 years, ever since they started making patches again. They were given insane amounts of feedback, suggestions and bug reports. When the Reforged beta came out, it was clear that it was buggy and unfinished. There was no way they could fix it all in the 2-3 months that they had. And a lot of the issues present in the game right now were found during the beta, and people gave them even more feedback.

However, the corporate bigwigs needed to have that 2019/2020 release, and so the game was rushed to the gates in a half-baked state. Of course everyone is upset, when their beloved game has been broken. The technical issues are numerous, the campaign overhaul is underwhelming for anyone who has played WC3 in recent years, and a lot of the promised features simply aren't there.

If this is how Blizzard's management going to handle things, then the only way to try to make it not happen again is to show displeasure. If you are complacent with buying an underdelivered, unbaked and technically-fragile product, all that does is send a signal that this is acceptable.

Level 2
I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true. They were given LOADS of feedback. Warcraft III has been in a half-broken half-working state for the last 2 years, ever since they started making patches again. They were given insane amounts of feedback, suggestions and bug reports. When the Reforged beta came out, it was clear that it was buggy and unfinished. There was no way they could fix it all in the 2-3 months that they had. And a lot of the issues present in the game right now were found during the beta, and people gave them even more feedback.

However, the corporate bigwigs needed to have that 2019/2020 release, and so the game was rushed to the gates in a half-baked state. Of course everyone is upset, when their beloved game has been broken. The technical issues are numerous, the campaign overhaul is underwhelming for anyone who has played WC3 in recent years, and a lot of the promised features simply aren't there.

If this is how Blizzard's management going to handle things, then the only way to try to make it not happen again is to show displeasure. If you are complacent with buying an underdelivered, unbaked and technically-fragile product, all that does is send a signal that this is acceptable.
i think until 1.29 they make a good patch, a campaign switch, a widescreen support and was stable.
instead the last version like the 1.31 on ptr are buggy, there are error in editor and they make some chaos in voice line mix Language.

Level 23
Imho no one would give 2 shits about the reforged disaster if classic would still be available.
It's like I would replace one of your fun activities/sports with a much inferior version and then say "Why aren't you happy with what you have?"
Because what you had before was better, and is now gone.

If all you wanna do is play campaigns and have some quality single player time, so be it (even those are a mess too though).
But you should understand that's arguably a very small part of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.