• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Welcome to Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
...continuing the 'blizz fuck their games up before release' theme =)))
recently gave a shot through WoW alpha screenies... alpha models were damn cool, some of them better than the ones used in WoW =))
1) human models were more realistic. more cartoonish, yes, but that not really a reason to make a crap put of it
2) the default troll model was replaced with what we have now. later it was reskinned and turned into TBC Forest Troll (look here)
3) female dwarf model was way better (look here)
4) female nelves had better face tatoos (look here)
5) succubus wore less armour =)) (look here)
6) infernal looked much cooler (look here)
7) female nelf faces looked better (look here)
that's it for now =))))

Combat Log:
Nerd Rage fades from Trillium.

Level 15
god, those tiles are godlike... Brick and White Marble look much more realistic then the current ones, Round Tiles look smoother and hence are more useful for palace-like terrains and Square Tiles, while looking rather weirs, are very cool (seems like they are missing a bit of tile variation 'cos current Square Tiles allow only 2 variations, right?)

Level 6
Yeah, I've got something new from the history of warcraft 3, the first 3 minutes of an announcement by Rob Pardo at ECTS 1999. It's not the whole audio file, since i could not recover more of it, but it's an important part of the puzzle I think.

EDIT: Here is the holy grail of Warcraft videos, the 90 seconds video that the guy from the betacenter website couldn't find, the Korea gameplay:

Attachments

• Interview1999-DAMAGED.mp3
    1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 6
Today's a good day for uploading, here's an other one, this time an official preview from vivendi:
oh, and a german one:

Transcript of what he says: The impressing intro belongs to Warcraft III, the RPS hope of Blizzard. We filmed some of

the most exciting scenes for you on the e3.
We begin with the orcs, one of the five races in the game. Against earlier announcements,
there will be no sixth race. Four of the races are already known, Blizzard still keeps one
a secret. There are the Demons, Orcs and the - wait, we'll show you the missing two very
soon. Meanwhile, we've arranged a team of fighters. These will precipitate themselves
together into the battle. As you see, the perspective on the battlefield always stays the
same, Blizzard abdicated camera tricks. Into the battle! This mini-settlement belongs to
neutral units, wich you don't have to attack, but if you do, e.g. for making booty, other
neutral villages will behave significantly angryly. The neutral enteties don't have to
belong to one of the five main races. These are for example representatives of the Trogs,
a tribe of fish-creatures, plus one of their buildings. The blue guys that our troop
encounters are very well one of the main races, the humans, and because we control the ors
right now, are they our enemies. So our very excitable warriors heavily spank them.
Let's change to the side of the humans. Out of the fancy tower comes a wizard. He'll now
demonstrates a defense spell, that increases the defence value of the knight. Two of our
units deal with the local harasser. A musketeer, the standard ranged fighter of the
humans, helps the heavily armed warrior. The little skirmishes with the map dwellers give
additional gold and [???], but attention, new units are said to be expensive, so keep an eye
on your fighters. We enter the territory of the last race, undead. The pale deadmen have a
nice gameplay trick, they don't build any buildings, and so they can't recruit new
warriors, instead they resurrect fallen enemies. And integrate them into they army, as you
can see here. These two Death Knight would be a very strong enemy for our paladin,
fortunately the man of the good side has special spells against the dark side. this spell
sends the undead back to where they came from. Uhm, to defeat two Death Knight is nice,
but that up there is an undead Anti-Paladin, in a way the King Kong among the sprit
creatures, but our brave little warrior tries it... say thanks zombies, you have a new
fellow for your army.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, I used the internet archive very much, there I visited the old warcraftiii.net site and there was a list with files, on another site, that I can't remember there was an even bigger list, on the old blizzard.com/war3/ page from 2000 there was a list with all recently published articles about wc3, when i saw a filename and a file was not on archive.org, I googled the file, I bought around 200 magazine cds from germany on ebay, some videos I found on myvideo and shortened them, because the warcraft part was only a small part of the video, I googled very much for e3 and ects articles and videos, searched on game magazine sites, wrote to journalists from that time and so on :)

Well, I used the internet archive very much, there I visited the old warcraftiii.net site and there was a list with files, on another site, that I can't remember there was an even bigger list, on the old blizzard.com/war3/ page from 2000 there was a list with all recently published articles about wc3, when i saw a filename and a file was not on archive.org, I googled the file, I bought around 200 magazine cds from germany on ebay, some videos I found on myvideo and shortened them, because the warcraft part was only a small part of the video, I googled very much for e3 and ects articles and videos, searched on game magazine sites, wrote to journalists from that time and so on :)

Holy shit, you're awesome!

Level 6
As you all know I've got the Warcraft 3 Collector's edition with all of its features. One of these is a concept art slideshow on the included DVD. Here are all images from that slideshow:

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

c11.jpg

c12.jpg

c13.jpg

c14.jpg

c15.jpg

c16.jpg

c17.jpg

c18.jpg

c19.jpg

c20.jpg

c21.jpg

c22.jpg

c23.jpg

c24.jpg

c25.jpg

c26.jpg

c27.jpg

c28.jpg

c29.jpg

c30.jpg

c31.jpg

c32.jpg

c33.jpg

c34.jpg

c35.jpg

c36.jpg

c37.jpg

c38.jpg

c39.jpg

c40.jpg

c41.jpg

c42.jpg

c43.jpg

c44.jpg

c45.jpg

c46.jpg

c47.jpg

c48.jpg

c49.jpg

c51.jpg

c52.jpg

c53.jpg

c54.jpg

c55.jpg

c56.jpg

c57.jpg

c58.jpg

c59.jpg

c60.jpg

c61.jpg

c62.jpg

c63.jpg

c64.jpg

c65.jpg

c66.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Actually nobody found "the game", but I found the beta many people downloaded it and we found out many things about Warcraft from it.
And just to say something about your video, I think I've got the same but without the gamespot G.

Level 24
Actually nobody found "the game", but I found the beta many people downloaded it and we found out many things about Warcraft from it.
And just to say something about your video, I think I've got the same but without the gamespot G.

I ''stole'' it from an old website along with the pictures I uploaded in the first thread !

That was long time ago,I found someone who has the game,that made videos of it on Youtube!
But he claimed he lost it .

Level 6
It's beta, and everybody has it, not only elzabbul.
But to close the topic, I'll fill the prerelease material thread with all stuff I ever found, I think I'll add around 4 Videos every day and 20 screenshots, some photos and around 4 articles. So in some weeks the thread will be complete.

Level 6
I don't think you can find more, since my "Warcraft 3 archive" contains more than 750 videos, images, sound files and magazine articles and I've still got many old articles from the internet spread all over my harddrive. ;)

Level 24
I don't think you can find more, since my "Warcraft 3 archive" contains more than 750 videos, images, sound files and magazine articles and I've still got many old articles from the internet spread all over my harddrive. ;)

Ah man you're so greedy :xxd:

Good job on finding all this !

Do you have pictures of those magazines or are they just text?

If it happens to be text,please post one,I'm dying to read something about this subject :mwahaha:

Level 6
I allready began posting those vids, just go to the prerelease material thread, I'll post material there untill my complete collection is online. I post the magazines as swf, so you can view them online. Many of the Magazines are in german, so we'll have to translate them for those who don't speak german. When all magazines are uploaded as swf, I'll make a pack with all of them in pdf and upload it as attachment.
Prerelease material

Level 24
I allready began posting those vids, just go to the prerelease material thread, I'll post material there untill my complete collection is online. I post the magazines as swf, so you can view them online. Many of the Magazines are in german, so we'll have to translate them for those who don't speak german. When all magazines are uploaded as swf, I'll make a pack with all of them in pdf and upload it as attachment.
Prerelease material

Lol,man rep isn't enough to thank you for doing this,good job !

So far,this thread has done its fair duty :cool:

I have a question,have you ever stumbled upon :
Warcraft_Adventures_cover.jpg

A year ago,I posted in this thread about this game,but people were speechless and you weren't around in that time,I believe,so do you know anything about it?

Off-topic:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dysic
http://www.youtube.com/user/war2combat

If someone is interested !

Level 6
Yep, I know some things about it. The game was never released, not even a beta. One guy, who I can't remeber who he was, claimed that he and his group manage that games like Warcraft adventures are canceled, because they are professional prerelease testers and are asked by firms to test games and say what they think about it. The next thing is that there were acctually even german soundfiles for thrall and so on. I think that was in a video from the late 90s, that was published by the gamestar magazine. I think it was just for magazine preview that they made these sounds, but who knows. The same video as in german also exists in english. There are some screenshots that were released. When you visit the very old blizzard.com site or battle.net at archive.org, you will see there some news about the game that were posted and the game site of it, just like war2 or diablo1 had one. At the end of the Warcraft 3 collectors edition art book, there are the warcraft box covers from war1, war2 and a conceptional for war3 and next to them there is the boxart for warcraft adventures.

EDIT:
Here are the two pages:
War1 to WarAdv
war1-WarAdv.jpg

The forgotten Warcraft 3 box cover:
BoxCoverConcept.jpg

ULTRA EDIT:
I attached the ultra high res version with improved colors.

Attachments

• Wc3Ultimacover.rar
    8.3 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Level 6
@Dr Super Good: You dhave not downloaded the beta, yet? Visit my youtube profile and read the details of "Warcraft III Alpha Preview" or "Warcraft 3 Alpha 2001". There you will find the download links and I think my pack includes all patches up to 1.21 of the beta. And it's not the beta version of the 1.21 editor, it's the editor for the "warcraft 3 beta version 1.21".

Level 6
I don't want to be unfair to the guy who made the site supertoinkz posted, but it's nothing special. Around the time from 2000 to the end of 2001 there were many sites with these collected unit stats and so on. One problem of the site is that the screenshots are downscaled and have lost much quality. The news archive is quite nice, but also nothing special and they don't even have videos. Of course there are more screenshots on that site than in my Warcraft 3 prerelease material thread, but only because it's very hard to bring the screenshots in the correct order.
I hope you understand that I just don't like this euphoria for nothing.

Level 18
I saw some techtree and ability properties for the first time (like, for example, the full skill set of the arch druid). But you do have reasons to not like NearbyHermit's euphoria because you've gathered much more material.

Btw, about the beta editor... It works only under patch 1.21, and then I can't run the game because it requires 1.03. Also it seems that all content was patched in Beta 1.21 to be identical with the retail version. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.