• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Weird UMSWE Bug? Might be in WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I made a post In trigger help originally Because I thought this problem was related to my triggers However I have since Disabled every trigger in my map and am still encountering it.

Basically My Hero Selection rings of power are becoming offset when the map is loaded. If you open my map with the world editor The rings are in the top Right of the map, You need http://sc2modding.info/warcraft3/wc3-editing-tools/jass-new-generation-pack-(jngp)/ to open my map. (Not sure if you need all of it or just UMSWE)

If anyone knows how to fix this or what is causing my Circles to become Offset Please Help.

Previous Post: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...iggers-doing-weird-things-208329/#post2064726

That post is the original one I had when I thought it was my triggers the map im uploading here is newer and has the triggers disabled already.

Attachments

• UOEverline2v001b.w3x
    393.1 KB · Views: 44
Level 4
Ok I thought it was just when the circles were offset the Floating Text didnt appear, Now it seems that isnt the case. The floating text still isnt being drawn anywhere on my map (before it would just show up in the middle of the map) I dont remember what I changed because I made about 30 minor changes to the triggers to try and get the circles to stop moving. I did have it appearing correctly 1 or 2 of my tests but when they were working my hero selection triggers were not.

Btw Thank you Kadabra Ive been trying to fix the Offsetting Circles for 3 days now, had no idea what it was.

Last edited:
Level 3
I did not find any text displayed on the map when I test it. Give me link to the latest version and tell me the name of the trigger for the floating text. I will see tomorrow to send you fixed version.

Level 4
The map I posted has it, The text isnt displayed anywhere (it used to be But only in the middle of the map and when that was working my circles were not moving units)

Anyway the trigger that contains the Floating Text is
  • Hero Selection Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run Floating Text <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to eou_NumberOfClassSelectionRing, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set ClassSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[(Integer A)])
            • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ClassFloatingText[(Integer A)] at ClassSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] with Z offset 2200.00, using font size 10.00, color (10.00%, 100.00%, 10.00%), and 0.00% transparency
            • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to eou_NumberOfHeros, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set HeroSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] = (Position of HeroSelectionRings[(Integer A)])
The Trigger is inside "Alt Initialization/Hero Selection Initialization" The Floating Text is Under the first loop in the trigger

• Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to eou_NumberOfClassSelectionRing, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set ClassSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[(Integer A)])
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ClassFloatingText[(Integer A)] at ClassSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] with Z offset 2200.00, using font size 10.00, color (10.00%, 100.00%, 10.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
The Trigger that Sets what the floating text actually is. Its in "Alt Initialization/Variable Initialization" Its at the top of the list Variable is called "ClassFloatingText[]" theres 5 currently.

Thanks a lot kadabra. I appreciate the help, Id like to get these problems over with so i can start working on Actually Spawning the players heros (Which Should be alot easier considering I can re-use alot of the pieces of triggers)

Level 3
Use This
  • Floating Text
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ClassFloatingText[1] = Warrior
      • Set ClassFloatingText[2] = Archer
      • Set ClassFloatingText[3] = Mage
      • Set ClassFloatingText[4] = Priest
      • Set ClassFloatingText[5] = Rogue
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set Temp_Point = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[(Integer A)])
            • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ClassFloatingText[(Integer A)] at Temp_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (25.00%, 100.00%, 25.00%), and 0.00% transparency
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

Advice: Open some unprotected map as to see how to arrange your triggers. you have so less triggers and yet you got problems. Imagine later when there will be 30-50 triggers.

Level 4
Kadabra Its not working? Does it have to be done after the first few seconds of game time? And did you test it in my map? Thanks for all your help either way. I really hope that I can find someway to get this working, Or at the very least figure out WHY its not working.

I really dont like figuring out how to do stuff by using other peoples ways of doing stuff, If I have to or cant be bothered to figure it out for myself then I will. However most of the problems I have encountered with this map are ones that have not happend to me before. I made a crappy Little map thats unfinished a while ago, Havent posted it anywhere because its not Terribly good, But its ok for 10 mins of slight entertainment. Its a Custom Hero Solo Survival map It plays like HoiHois Custom Hero Survival. Except you can summon mobs to attack the enemys. Only got 2 heros finished and 5 or 6 spells, 10 waves or something like that. Il probably post it as a template at some point if I bother to go back and repair a few things.

But Ya, Right now what you told me to do Doesnt work I placed it inside my Triggers Exactly as you did But nothing.

Level 4
Uhmmm Ok, So yours Seems to work But When I put it in my Map It didnt, was it because of the Custom Script Remove Point?

Hmm, Im using That Exact Trigger On updated Map but its still not working.

Il post you a copy of Exactly What I have. With Your Trigger and My Trigger (I changed ALOT...)

Thanks Kadabra I really Dont Understand why the Floating Text on the old map works Yet the one on my new map doesnt.

Im going to look through my triggers and see if theres anything that might cause it too be changing the point or something.

I should have posted the updated Map sooner Sorry. I wasnt Thinking and assumed that the floating text would work on the updated map if it worked on the slightly older one.

If you can tell me whats interfering with the floating text Please do tell me. (I do have a fairly Large Lag spike that lasts roughly 3-5 seconds, from my new hero Selection Trigger)

Attachments

• UOEverline2v001b.w3x
    466.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 3
Before I try to help you any further I will require from you a simple thing. First put all your variables that will be used later in the game into Map Initialization trigger with same event.
Put all your triggers that create things in another trigger that fire after 2-5 seconds game time. When you are ready with this post the map again because i showed you that the floating text is working normal. And the NOT removing of the Temp_Point is my fault i forgot to put it there so it's causing memory leak. If you do as i said i will help you solve the problem yourself yet if you fail i will solve it for you :).

Status
Not open for further replies.