• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Umswe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
guys, I have problems with UMSWE.
First, my UMSWE can't read several kind of codes just like getlocationZ, save cache, and many more.
Second, sometimes it reseted all the field value in the object editor, when I opened my game in UMSWE the scaling of my doodads were 1.00-3.00, but when I opened it in normal WE it reseted to 0.80-1.20 :/
Someone can tell me how to configure it (umswe) correctly? this is seriously waste of time, I have to rework on the whole doodads scaling in my game :(

What do you mean by "can't read several kind of codes"? What errors/issues do you have?

UMSWE is relatively stable (at least compared to what it was like before). If you lost a lot of your data, then navigate to the JNGP folder, open "Backups", and then open some of those maps with UMSWE enabled to see if you have a backup with the scalings preserved.

Because UMSWE uses altered GUI functions to work. It modifies the GUI trigger data and trigger strings to add extra functions to GUI. However, this will also alter how the wtg file is made (triggers for a map), so you can only open it in WE if you have the necessary changes made to your trigger data/trigger strings. Basically, if you use the UMSWE functions, then you have to use UMSWE to open it. (there are ways to get around it, so it isn't really a viable map protection, fyi)

However, since all that is only related to map editing, the map will still run fine in Warcraft 3 (after all, the main map code is converted to JASS).

Btw, you should use UMSWE + JNGP. It has the most stable release. If you are using an older UMSWE then that may explain why you are having odd issues. The older versions were deprecated ever since it was bundled with JNGP.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
guys, I have tried JNGP5d but when I clicked "activate umswe" there's a message shown like "cannot start plugin". how can I fix it?
hey, forget it, I restarted the jngp we then it works normally :p from now on, my work gonna be alot easier, thnks guys for recomendations..

when I loaded my game this message popped up
9FPOZ8Q.jpg

is it all right if I continue loading it?

Level 20
guys, I have tried JNGP5d but when I clicked "activate umswe" there's a message shown like "cannot start plugin". how can I fix it?
hey, forget it, I restarted the jngp we then it works normally :p from now on, my work gonna be alot easier, thnks guys for recomendations..

when I loaded my game this message popped up
9FPOZ8Q.jpg

is it all right if I continue loading it?

Click "Yes"
It pops up that message because that map is saved by another editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.