• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Weird things.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello all

i have one swift question ....

i transformed a simple 4 v 4 map ( feralas) into a custom one

actually, the only change i made to it, was to change the loot tables of all creatures ( that previously were 100% to drop) to less than 100 %

i.e. 70 % for lower level items, 50 % for abit stronger, and even lower for higher lvl items

some mobs have a drop table like:
1) 50% lvl 2 any class
2) 20 % lvl 6 any class etc.

i did this, since i like the roulette feeling :D

however...i noticed some weird drops !!!

wierd items that have same icon as the Moonpriestess's Starfall icon, but do nothing and are named Player 9 !!!

others look like the Paladin's Mass Resurrection ( that yellow icon) and are named Chill of Death
( incidently, the name of the custom map is Chill of Death )

do you have any idea what is going on ?!

Level 5
Some of those custom items may have been used as dummies or for other triggers or even secrets, and their levels were just associated with your item drops. They were probably there from the original creator of the map, and you wont necessarily always drop the default blizzard items if its a map with custom items.

By changing the levels, you allowed item drops to be able to drop strange items, because those strange items were in those specific levels. For instance, that starfall thing could have been level 6, when the original table didnt, and in changing the table, you allowed that item to be dropped.

What you can do is to change those strange items levels to 0, and redo the item levels. That way, you should be able to eliminate the possibility of strange item drops.

Level 4
1) dummies ? secrets ? :) sorry, i dunno what these are ....

2) how do i change those item levels back to 0 ?

one of the maps i re-used is Raging Stream from the Frozen Throne directory.
was a simple standard melee map at first, just like the others

except those random drops ... i NEVER made any triggers or changes of any kind!

Level 4
ADDENDUM

NEITHER of the solutions provided worked !!!

mainly because using that reset standard items to default, also screws up the altars for heroes, so no custom heroes either!

i found the solution by accident....

goto Object Editor ---> Abilities ---> all the way down, to custom abilities
i had several totally weird things there, that i didnt put there

deleted them and no more weird drops :D

good night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.