• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird thing causing two spells to cast each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

Firstly, please don't get angry at me if I put this in the wrong section, because I don't know if the problem is the Jass spells, or the spells in the object editor. Ok, the problem is that I have two spells, and for some unknown reason they are causing each other to cast, which causes some very weird effects. I learned Jass very recently, and these are pretty much the first triggers that I have made in Jass, so I don't know if the problem is in the part where it finds out what spell ID it has. When you cast one, the green box goes around itself and the other spell, keeping the green box (the green box it the one that goes around the icon of the ability when u cast it) there for a while. Then, for one of the spells, the cooldown messes up and you can cast it once (this really sucks because then you can cast the really powerful 1 minute cooldown ultimate twice in a row).

The two spells that trigger off each other is Arcane Blast, and Magic Flare. Those two spells somewhat follow the JESP standard (not fully though I don't think) so that might help when you are checking the spell ID and such. The triggers for the two spells are in the first folder in the trigger editor named Spells.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• spells for dylan.w3x
    31.1 KB · Views: 70
Level 21
They are both based off storm bolt. That means that whenever the unit gets the order to cast *stormbolt* he'll cast both stormbolt spells he has, which in this case is the Arcane Blast and Magic Flare.

So the problem is in the object editor. You must base 1 of the 2 dummies off a non-stormbolt spell (firebolt or something), or alternatively not add the 2 spells to the same unit.

Level 9
Just change the order id's in the object editor. Just look through the spell, its not hard to find it should be something like stormbolt for both spells, just make sure that they both arnt stormbolt, any order will work but try another targeting spell.
-Hope this helps...

Level 2
Thanks a lot guys. I made a new spell based on firebolt and used that. I asked Rao Dao Zao on THW chat, and he was telling me about the order id and such, and said that "you cant mess with that shit". He also told me that the order id in the object editor pretends to be able to be changed, but it actually isn't. I then tried changing the order id, but it didnt work. So I just had to make a new spell based on firebolt, and that worked. Thanks for the help guys!

Level 6
He also told me that the order id in the object editor pretends to be able to be changed, but it actually isn't. I then tried changing the order id, but it didnt work.

(not directed to DeadlySheep only:) never do that. the only spell for which you can choose order id is Channel (which is a dummy spell (no effect) that can be configured to look like anything) and in its case it is done differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.