• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

weird Shadow does not disappear when recalculated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
So, im modding a map, and i recalculate shadows to get rid of annoying ones, but there's this one that i cant remove. any ideas?
wierd_shadow.png

Level 6
Btw, there's any way to reduce huge lags when i'm in terrain palette? i unchecked Brush List, but still quite slow to move arround :/.

Except turning the shadows and unnecessary effects off? Not that I know of. You can always try to close programs you are running in the background like your browser for example.

And please do not double or even triple post, it is not allowed! Use the edit function right under your latest post. (If you are the last one that posted something)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Btw, there's any way to reduce huge lags when i'm in terrain palette? i unchecked Brush List, but still quite slow to move arround :/.
The way the terrain is rendered is very inefficient when scaled up. This is due to the D3D8 style fixed pipeline that is used. Wide angle shots and far out zoom will always perform badly even on high end hardware.

Level 20
The way the terrain is rendered is very inefficient when scaled up. This is due to the D3D8 style fixed pipeline that is used. Wide angle shots and far out zoom will always perform badly even on high end hardware.

i notice it, i have a gtx 980 and a 8-core processor and still lags ahhaha, even inside the game when there's a bunch of units and effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.