• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weather Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I can see the weather effects in my WE when i set them but when i test my map, there is no rain or snow etc weather effects occurring. I am absolutely sure my trigger is correct as i cannot see the weather effect even when i set global weather effect in the map option. i am thinking, is there an option to on before you can see the weather effect in game?

Level 7
Hey there, Dragoncy
I'm assuming your trigger is flawless, and that global weather effects don't work. This can only mean that there's some sort of a conflict between your trigger and the weather. Perhaps you accidentally added a " Environment - Enable/Disable Weather Effect " and set it to disable instead of enable.
Aside from that, there's not much else; perhaps you've got some other action in your trigger which is canceling out the weather effect.

Level 15
I can see the weather effects in my WE when i set them but when i test my map, there is no rain or snow etc weather effects occurring. I am absolutely sure my trigger is correct as i cannot see the weather effect even when i set global weather effect in the map option. i am thinking, is there an option to on before you can see the weather effect in game?

What do you exactly mean when you say you see your weather effects in your WE?If you mean you can see them in your editor then you probably added weather effects just in your editor(there is an option to change time/weather etc).
If you mean you can see them when you play it on Bnet,then you probably have a random weather trigger and it works fine cause there isn't the random seed* option that exists in worldeditor tests.

If its nothing than those mentioned above then it might be your triggers fault..could you post the code here?

*random seed is an option sort of disables random triggers.
For example,
set Weather=random number between 1 and 2
if weather equal to 1
then XX weather
else YY weather

This probably wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.