• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weather Effects??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,
iam new in this Forum and i hope it will be a nice time here.
So to me:
I come from Germany, iam 17 years old and i play Warcraft III The Frozen Throne.
I love mapping and love trying out some new things.
Now to my problem:
- I made a map in World Editor but i hate the Day/Night Zyclus...
How can i stop it that all time its dark?
and i import some "Thunder-Sounds" i add triggers now i just don't know how to make the map for a Second brightly and in that moment i want to play the Thunder sound...
Like a "thunderstorm"...
Please help me
Thx
caniboy

PS: what means [unsolved] [solved] ???

Level 28
Hi and welcome to the Hive. Introductions are usually made in the Introductinos Forum. Rui will probably transfer the introduction part of this post to a thread in that forum.

Now to your problem. To make permanent DARKNESS (/evil laugh), use the following trigger actions:
Game - Turn day night cycle on/off
Game - Set Time of Day to 0.00

And the weather. I have two options that I can think of now.
#1: trigger action: Cinematic - (Fade Filter) Fade out and back in over 0.2 seconds using White Mask and color (100%) (100%) (100%) and 60% transperacy.
The transperacy could be any value you wish.

#2: Use the trigger action that changes day time and change it to 12.00 and then after like 0.2 seconds change it back to 0.00

Status
Not open for further replies.