• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WE-Independant Object Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, so I'm asking for this type of programme for a really funny reason - There is a map I am editing, and due to it's sheer mass of units that go over the 834 original WC3 ammount, any type of name editing or deleting costs me 10 minutes each, so I was hoping someone is working on such a thing or if such a thing exists where I can simply export object editor files and load it up there and edit in a lag free zone, this tool would really be helpfull - thank you all in advance.

Level 21
You can use lua objectmerger to make this happen. I have written some lua scripts for myself that I can run really easily from editor upon saving. What my script does is that it takes object data from some specifically written files and implements it in the game through objectmerger. Thus, all object data is remade on every save if I want it.

I am not sure if I'd be willing to share my own script for this though, since it doesn't have a proper tutorial and I frequently change how it works, so it'd be hard to support it properly as a tool.

Level 21
They do overwrite and that's intentional. It avoids bugs like "deleting ability crashes editor", for instance. I do all the ability modification outside editor.

Attached are all the files required(I hope) and a map that uses them so you'd have a working example to look at. You'll have to copy the contents of the lua folder into the lua folder of your JNGP(it requires JNGP to work).
Pay special attention to the "Objects" trigger in the initialization - this is the lua code that runs the whole object generation thing. The "addEngineers" function from HeroicFunctions is a function that I made specifically for this map and it's not needed, but if you understand some lua it can show you how to use the system even better.
You can test whether you've saved the map correctly by just saving it. I just tested that it gives me no errors, so if it does give errors for you it's a sign that something has been set up wrong.

The objects are generated on every save, as long as the lua script hasn't been commented out.

This is not an official resources, so I don't want to support it. If you need help you can ask, but I won't fix anything that requires effort.

Attachments

• Emerald H v0.04.w3x
    485.9 KB · Views: 48
  • lua.rar
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
Level 21
I don't know about windows 10, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work if you install what it requires.

I have considered making it an official resource, but previously I was moving away from WC3 modding. Right now I want to return, but I'll finish some other things first and then we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.