1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WE Crashs B-cause of skin! Help ME!!!

Discussion in 'Bug Report Forum' started by pandamanana, Nov 6, 2007.

1. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am in serious shit right about now...

I have been working on my lastest project for a while now and I just downloaded a skin from the Hive...

I imported it

and saved

and reopened World Edit to see how it looked

and BLAM crash!!!!

I can't Open my map!!! HALP me!!! :pal:

2. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Simply delete the suspected faulty resource using an MPQ editor.

1. Obtain and install MPQ editing software.
    2. Open the MPQ editor and select: Open File.
    3. Set the file type selector to All File Types.
    4. Browse to the folder that contains the damaged map and open it. Remember to open the correct .w3m or .w3x map, NOT a .mpq file.
    5. View the map's list file which displays all imported resources.
    6. Note: Occasionally, especially during protection / optimization, files are renamed so they are not recognizable. In this case, you should make quite a few backups, and perform trial & error tests until you get the right one.
    7. Delete each and every .mdx file (and any associated .blp texture files) which are suspected of being corrupt.
    8. Exit the MPQ editing software; no need to save the map: once the unstable files have been deleted, the map's MPQ archive will be restored.
    9. Test the map in Blizzard's World Editor and in Warcraft III.

[rainbow]
    • Which skin are you referring to? URL please.
    [/rainbow]

3. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    May I suggest testing skins in a different/new map? This is possible my making a second account on your PC then right click your shortcut to Warcraft 3 and select OPEN WITH then FOLLOWING USER and type in/select the second user account (or one that isn't in use) and voila! It should work!

4. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you so much Wolverabid ;-) your a LIFE saver! *sigh of relief*

5. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad you got it fixed, pandamanana.
    It seems impossible that a texture file could possibly corrupt a map. The damage was most likely due to another imported file (probably a model).

At any rate, if you think one of The Hive Workshop's files may be to blame, please post a hyperlink to it so that I can investigate. Thanks.

6. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can you send us a link to that skin so we can check it out?