• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] WE crashing on launch after having a imported model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
You might want to check out this thread. Someone had already encountered the similar problem before:

Usually, this happens because there are several imported files that made in BLP format, which is now corrupted.
Others said, you don't have memory to fit enough for World Editor. Current version of WE can consume a lot of RAM (up to 16 GB).

Level 9
I can’t open any of my maps I’ve worked on but I can play it in WC3 and everything works... but I’m not done and I can’t work on it and it bugs me. When I had Quenching Mod I couldn’t even get to the main menu and it crashes. 1.33 is a disaster.

Level 29
I can’t open any of my maps I’ve worked on but I can play it in WC3 and everything works... but I’m not done and I can’t work on it and it bugs me. When I had Quenching Mod I couldn’t even get to the main menu and it crashes. 1.33 is a disaster.
You are right. The August 17, 2022 Patch is still buggy for now, even having a high consumption of RAM usage which can led to memory leak issues (game crashing).

The only possible thing you can do to is by using the older versions of WC3. If you have already backed up 1.32 (you can also get it from any websites, but I couldn't post the link due to the piracy rule), then you should be fine.

Level 6
A temporary solution I found after posting this thread was to:

1. Open up the editor (not the map but just a new map)
2. Change the HD graphics to SD graphics (It wont fuck up the map)
3. Load your map that you can't open and delete the imported models
4. Change back from SD to HD

It's not really the best solution but I'll work for now.

Level 6
You might want to check out this thread. Someone had already encountered the similar problem before:

Usually, this happens because there are several imported files that made in BLP format, which is now corrupted.
Others said, you don't have memory to fit enough for World Editor. Current version of WE can consume a lot of RAM (up to 16 GB).
I will check it out, Thank you so much :)

Level 3
Open your map with the MPQ editor and delete the models (usually the skins are the issue).

Once done , re-import them one by one , set them and reopen your map after every new model until you find which one of them is cursed (thats how i call it lol) and give up on that one.

I made a thread on whether there is a way to use a cursed model despite making your map crash but no luck until now..

Also technically , you could 99% run them without skins without any issue. They will just look white. Once finished , you can import your skin for one last time and then play your map without any issues , but you wont be able to reopen the map anymore until you delete the skin of the cursed model again with the MPQ editor..

Im hoping that a PC upgrade might be the solution but ill buy my parts in 1-2 months so i cant give an answer yet.

Your quenching mode issue probably is an issue of being outdated. Just uninstall it and reinstall 2.0 which was made for 1.33.

Level 9
Open your map with the MPQ editor and delete the models (usually the skins are the issue).

Once done , re-import them one by one , set them and reopen your map after every new model until you find which one of them is cursed (thats how i call it lol) and give up on that one.

I made a thread on whether there is a way to use a cursed model despite making your map crash but no luck until now..

Also technically , you could 99% run them without skins without any issue. They will just look white. Once finished , you can import your skin for one last time and then play your map without any issues , but you wont be able to reopen the map anymore until you delete the skin of the cursed model again with the MPQ editor..

Im hoping that a PC upgrade might be the solution but ill buy my parts in 1-2 months so i cant give an answer yet.

Your quenching mode issue probably is an issue of being outdated. Just uninstall it and reinstall 2.0 which was made for 1.33.
The map I'm working on all the models, skins, etc. work just fine tested it out in WC3R. I just can't finish my map up until this issue is resolved. I have had that issue before where one skin texture messes up the entire map and corrupts all the models/skins I imported. When that happens a lot of the time I give up on that map because I hate having to reimport everything one by one and then retype the correct path for each... lol

Level 6
The map I'm working on all the models, skins, etc. work just fine tested it out in WC3R. I just can't finish my map up until this issue is resolved. I have had that issue before where one skin texture messes up the entire map and corrupts all the models/skins I imported. When that happens a lot of the time I give up on that map because I hate having to reimport everything one by one and then retype the correct path for each... lol
Sadly for now I guess we'll have to stick to to only the things that can be found in the editor.

Level 5
Same issue for me, new patch totally screwed up my map. I was making map for 2 months around May but had to stop and recently i decided to reopen it only to find out that the map is bugged and cannot load half of the custom models i imported along with several scripts, cant even playtest the map, its ridicolous how blizzard managed to screw it all over again.

Level 6
Same issue for me, new patch totally screwed up my map. I was making map for 2 months around May but had to stop and recently i decided to reopen it only to find out that the map is bugged and cannot load half of the custom models i imported along with several scripts, cant even playtest the map, its ridicolous how blizzard managed to screw it all over aga

Same issue for me, new patch totally screwed up my map. I was making map for 2 months around May but had to stop and recently i decided to reopen it only to find out that the map is bugged and cannot load half of the custom models i imported along with several scripts, cant even playtest the map, its ridicolous how blizzard managed to screw it all over again.
From what I've seen my method works till there is some proper resolved issue. All needed now is if you have the patience of removing and adding all the units onto the map :confused:2

Status
Not open for further replies.