• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

wc3c.net ability guide false information, any (viable) alternate solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
From "ability guide" http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742

Apit, Aneu, Aall, Asid (Purchase Item, Neutral, Allied Building, Sell Items): The combination of these abilities will give you a shop that sells items only to the owner of the shop just like the arcane vault. The difference is that AddItemToStock will also work.
On a side note, the 'Asud' ability makes a unit visible and clickable on the map for all players, even if that player is an enemy.

I'd like to use both of these things in a map that I'm making; A "Shop Sharing" ability that works with AddItem/UnitToStock and I also need to make some units visible to every player.

If I could just add a passive ability to a unit then I won't have to use Night Elf Druid ability - Faerie Fire for every player (Will that even work? Since the buff might override each other...) that would be very nice.

And I pretty much need to be able to add units and items without allowing the enemy team to buy from friendly shops.

However neither of these things work, the ability names are incorrect even, probably because the thread is from 10 years ago...

So does anybody know of any way to do these two things in the current version of Warcraft III?:vw_sleep:

Level 12
So nobody know of any way to allow the use of AddUnitToStock and AddItemToStock without letting enemy players buy, like player shop "shop sharing" ability in melee?

I've gotten around the unit reveal by sharing the unit's vision to all players but reducing it's vision range.

Level 12
you could try using GetLocalPlayer

In what way? I've tried to change what's being sold for local player in the past, this desyncs the game when the item or unit is bought though since for the other players they can't be bought.

Is there another way to use GetLocalPlayer() here?

Level 12
Add "Select Unit" to your unit and his abilities will be revealed to everyone.

What does that have to do with preventing enemy players from buying from my shop?

edit: Oh you mean that perhaps that's why the enemy can buy from my shop? Afaik they can buy from my shop because of sell unit / sell item, which I need to be able to use AddUnitToStock and AddItemToStock, besides allowing any player to see and use the abilities; select unit and select hero just make it so the unit with inventory have to be in range and add the shop indicator overhead, which is why I have it.

edit 2: Ahh, after actually testing the shop sharing ability work the same as select unit and select hero, but limited to allies, so even if you have sell unit or sell item ability only allies can buy because only allies will get selected.

Leaving this here for anybody with this issue later:
  • By only having shop sharing ability: items (and units, I think?) can be bought by allies in range, AddUnitToStock and AddItemToStock don't work however.

• By only having sell unit or sell item ability: AddUnitToStock and AddItemToStock work but anybody can buy unit or item as long as they have vision, including enemies.

• By having sell unit or sell item, shop sharing, and select unit or select hero (Like it said in the linked guide.); AddUnitToStock and AddItemToStock work but both Allies and Enemies can buy from the shop,if they have vision and hero or unit with inventory in range.

• Working solution: By having sell unit or sell item, and shop sharing; only allies can buy the units or items as long as the hero or unit with inventory is in range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.