• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Remastered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I guess i will have to update all the character models to a higher res look eventually so they dont stick out too much compared to the original wc3 models.

Don't get me wrong; I'm excited for this and would love to remake all the character models, but I might have to cut some corners in the process and go with a lower variety of skins and models at first. No alternate skins to select at game start for a while, I guess.

Last edited:
Level 18
I guess i will have to update all the character models to a higher res look eventually so they dont stick out too much compared to the original wc3 models.

Don't get me wrong; I'm excited for this and would love to remake all the character models, but I might have to cut some corners in the process and go with a lower variety of skins and models at first. No alternate skins to select at game start for a while, I guess.

Seems like it, initially I will (for my maps) also have to change hundreds of models towards the base/recoloring until we get custom models that fit the theme.

I'm not sure updating the models for reforged is a good idea. Sure, the eye candy is nice to look at and all, but that'd be a tremendous undertaking just for some eye candy. I guess you have enough on your plate right now to bother with graphics (and the gaias custom models are pretty decent anyway), I'd rather you focused on all those new sweet features that you said were now possible (and I think other players would aswell). Gameplay > Graphics. Don't get aboard the disgusting remaster-train that's running so many games over these days.

I enjoy modelling from time to time, though. And I do what I like, not what people think I should do.
Of course, I meant no disrespect. I just thought I'd share my two cents. You do you mate. It's enjoyment that drives us to do these things in the first place.
I guess I'm just biased against Reforged and everything to do with it... I just don't want it to ruin my favorite map like it probably will the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.