1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Remastered!

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by S0ulseeker, Nov 3, 2018.

1. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's finally happening!

2. VakarlanS

VakarlanS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Overseer fight in full HD. Just seat back and think for a second.

3. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I guess i will have to update all the character models to a higher res look eventually so they dont stick out too much compared to the original wc3 models.

Don't get me wrong; I'm excited for this and would love to remake all the character models, but I might have to cut some corners in the process and go with a lower variety of skins and models at first. No alternate skins to select at game start for a while, I guess.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems like it, initially I will (for my maps) also have to change hundreds of models towards the base/recoloring until we get custom models that fit the theme.

5. Kyuzo_dono

Kyuzo_dono

Resources:
    Resources:
    This'd better be worth it.. :)

6. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure updating the models for reforged is a good idea. Sure, the eye candy is nice to look at and all, but that'd be a tremendous undertaking just for some eye candy. I guess you have enough on your plate right now to bother with graphics (and the gaias custom models are pretty decent anyway), I'd rather you focused on all those new sweet features that you said were now possible (and I think other players would aswell). Gameplay > Graphics. Don't get aboard the disgusting remaster-train that's running so many games over these days.

7. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I enjoy modelling from time to time, though. And I do what I like, not what people think I should do.

9. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Of course, I meant no disrespect. I just thought I'd share my two cents. You do you mate. It's enjoyment that drives us to do these things in the first place.
    I guess I'm just biased against Reforged and everything to do with it... I just don't want it to ruin my favorite map like it probably will the rest of the game.

10. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, lets see.