• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3 locked at 30 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, I recently re-installed WC3 on a new pc. I find now WC3 runs very choppy. It is permanently locked at 30 fps, this also shows in the -fps counter.
Any idea what settings I can change? I cannot find anywhere how to resolve this.

Level 28
What versions of Warcraft 3 are you using? If you are using Classic, then read this thread:

In short, the solution would be:
3. Graphics or performance issues (e.g. stuttering):
- Add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 at the end of the shortcut target, as explained by @loktar - link.
  • Try downloading and applying the Language Fix file listed above. Be mindful that this will change your game language to English.
  • You might also want to to check out this post by @grimgrents - link.

If this trick won't work, then run the game using Full Screen Mode (-windowmode fullscreen).

Level 9
What versions of Warcraft 3 are you using? If you are using Classic, then read this thread:

In short, the solution would be:

If this trick won't work, then run the game using Full Screen Mode (-windowmode fullscreen).
I am using 1.32, so I don't think I can addb the -graphicsap part to shortcut. It goes through Bnet Launcher.
In options, I have set mode to fullscreen, and resolution to 1920x1080@120.

Unfortunately, even after restarting it goes to 30 fps. I don't understand it, because previously I could run at 60fps.

Hopefully someone can give me the golden tip how to run 1.32/Reforged (on classic graphics) in acceptable framerate. I'm even wondering since the game settings have a '@120' setting, is 120fps also achievable, or is the game image rendering actually hard capped at 60?

Level 9
There is an option in well... the options for setting the maximum FPS for both an active and inactive window. If you are lucky that slider is just set to 30.

Reforged supports up to 300FPS generally.
Unfortunately not. I tried all kinds of options, and closing and reopening the game.

When using this slider, it does immediately limit to the fps to a low value I set to it, like 10fps. However anything above 30 fps, and it reverts back to 30 fps.

Could this have something to do with my computer settings? I use a LG smart tv instead of monitor. It has a refresh rate of 120fps, and this is also what I have set in Windows. All other games do run at 120 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.