• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huge FPS Drop since 1.33 Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to ask for help, But I do know anywhere is better than the NecroCity of Blizzard Forums

Here is my hardware info : i7-11370H, RTX-3060-Laptop-6GB

I used to have problems with Warcraft Reforged Classic GFX FPS even in 1.32, because it was using my GPU-0 for both 3D and Copy in task manager, I got this fixed by updating my Intel GFX Driver and forced Warcraft Executable in Windows 11 to use Nvidia GPU, After that I was able to get the highest available 300FPS in classic GFX, Task manager was showing : GPU-1-3D and GPU-1-Copy

After the last update to 1.33, The highest FPS I have seen is 120 which really sucks in 144HZ monitor and the mouse lag is really annoying
What Task Manager indicates is : GPU-1-Copy and no GPU-3D !, as if the 3D rendering is not being done by Warcraft, meanwhile I see an increased usage of GPU by Windows Window Manager and it is using GPU-0-3D

This is obviously the reason that causes the low FPS, in the latest Update they have messed up something that Messes up the NativeFullScreen ability, even though I have chosen in game settings to be in fullscreen, but it has no difference in FPS with the WindowedFullscreen

I'm using Latest Version of Nvidia Driver and the Latest Version of Intel Driver, and I have forced in Windows 11 Graphic Settings and Nvidia Graphic Settings that Warcraft 3 must use discrete GFX Card, But this is not happening because for some reason Warcraft 3 Just refuses to run in Native Fullscreen

My Guess is that they have updated backend to DX12 or something like that
I also tried -opengl, no luck
-GraphicsApi Direct3D11, no luck
-GraphicsApi Direct3D10, no luck
-GraphicsApi Direct3D9, black screen on launch and no launching

I opened 3 Topics in blizzard forum and no answer
I particiapted in tons of other reports of FPS Drop and Mouse lag in Blizzard forums, and no luck
The most annoying part is, they don't even list this bug in their known bug list ...

Level 29
According to this article:
Warcraft III System Requirements (Reforged and Classic) - Blizzard Support

Your laptop seems to be capable for playing both SD and HD graphics of Reforged. The main problem is that when it comes to the latest patches, the system requirements itself has been updated (such as at least 8 GB of RAM, 4 GB of Video RAM, and Windows 10/11 64-Bit with the most recent Windows Updates and drivers).

Also, Reforged 1.33 is full of bugs compared to the 1.32 one. Both game and editor are prone for crashing randomly when you open maps. Some 1.32 maps can't be playable with 1.33.

For backend thing, it seems that they accidently built targeting DirectX 12 and Vulkan instead of D3D9-11/OGL for 1.33, so no options to revert back to D3D/OGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.