• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Wc3 crashes in loadingscreen at 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
when i and my friend want to play warcraft in LAN mode his wc3 crashes at 50% of the loading bar, but only at one map, other maps can be played and also all other friends can play this map without problems in single and multi player

he uses win xp as client and i'm using win 7 as host other win 7 clients have no problems is the problem win xp or did anyone of you have any experience with similiar problems?

Level 9
but it is only on his pc, all others can play it without any problems

• Map ini
    • Ereignisse
      • Zeit - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Spiel - Display to (All players) the text: type -svm to play s...
      • Einheitengruppe - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Schleifen - Aktionen
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • 'IF'-Bedingungen
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Gleich (==) Scrap
            • 'THEN'-Aktionen
              • Einheit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Neutral passiv and Farbe wechseln
            • 'ELSE'-Aktionen
this is the first trigger, i have no map ini trigger

Level 9
but then it would crash after the game started, the problem is that the crash comes at exactly 50% of the loadingbar
the graphics are all at max. but i cant imagine how low grpahics could cause an crash o_O

i know that i have some leaks in my maps cuz i never really understood what leaks and what not, also i never understood how to solve that leaks
but i made maps with much more triggers and never had such a problem i could upload the map if this would help?

Level 9
i can play it alone in single player or with a lot of my friends on battle.net or with other computers via lan but all other clients use win 7 he's the only one with win xp and the only one who got this problem (all other maps work fine for him)

no i mean 4.697 kb or 4,697 mb (. is not ,) xD
no never used game cache things and its the start of whole new map the map it self is in a beta state and was created in january this year, we want to start playing it from scratch^^

edit: he also can't play the map in single player (all others can) but he can play each other map in single and multi player its just this one map and this one client xD - reinstall is a bit hard cuz he lost his original roc version (i lost mine too, i only have 3 tft and i dunno why xD)

edit2: the whole game closes without an error when the loading bar reaches the 50%, we all did nothing^^

edit: he also can't play the map in single player (all others can) but he can play each other map in single and multi player its just this one map and this one client xD - reinstall is a bit hard cuz he lost his original roc version (i lost mine too, i only have 3 tft and i dunno why xD)

It is okay. I have 2 TFT's. I don't know why either. :p

Anyway, tell your friend to make a backup of his Warcraft III folder (copy + paste). Next, transfer your MPQ files to a USB so that you can give it to him (or on dropbox, or something else). You should have war3.mpq, war3x.mpq, and war3patch.mpq. Have him replace his current mpq's with the ones you have (don't touch the backup though), and then check if the map works. If it doesn't, or if something goes wrong, delete that folder and just move the backup back.

Level 26
There are some problems that only occur with certain configurations. For example, a friend of mine recently tried to create a special imported image that only froze the game when textures were set to low level. In any way, try to figure out what exactly happens at the moment your friend gets the hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.