• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] 1.26 Custom Campaign Crash during Loadscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Heya,

ever since patching to the latest 1.26, my wc3 crashes during the loadingscreen when I try to launch a custom map including custom units from inside a campaign file.

>> The error only says "unknown assertion" so sadly that won't help us at all.

>> It is definitely related to custom units. My maps launch without problems when I delete all units, or only place vanilla ones.

>> The last official unmodified wc3 version this worked for me without any problems was 1.20c

Anyone experience anything similar ?

If you create a new custom campaign and add custom units and a quick test map, will it crash at the loading screen? If so, then it may be related to your installation (in which case, you may need to reinstall wc3).

Otherwise you may want to consider recreating your objects manually (delete and create them again). Note that rawcodes may change unless you are using JNGP. Maybe they were encoded differently in a previous patch.

Level 3
Thanks for the advice, creating a new campaign map and unit indeed didn't crash, hm...

I'll try to recreate the units in my original file and hope it works to copy-paste, at least for abilities.

Because if it doesn't, wc3 will probably lose its biggest one-man WIP project - it's over a thousand objects in this campaign file, some of which, especially abilities, have hundreds of data fields to fill in. It'd just be too much to recreate.

Level 3
Re-creating content works, and thankfully, copy-pasting seems to create the copy with the proper, updated process too, and seems to work.

Thanks again for the help, just so you know the extent of it - I am now off to manually update 1024 trigger lines since they point to rawcodes that no longer exist - and it's actually the "good ending" of this issue :p

Hm... but with JNGP allowing to decide rawcodes, this seems solvable in an easier way... I like JNGP already.

Took me 4 hours to cleanse my maps from all traces of WEU.

Status
Not open for further replies.