• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

map crashing during loadingscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
im having a issue with the map iv been working on. its crashing during the loadingscreen. im really not sure at all whats causing it as im not given a crash report or anything Wc3 just closes when the map is nearly finished loading.

1 thing i did try already to trouble shoot was disable my triggers that run on map int thinking 1 of those were causing it. but that didnt do anything

i believe the map worked fine last time i opened it and edited it(its been atleast 4-6 months)

willing to pm the map to any 1 thats interested in helping me out im. not sure what else could cause this or what extra info i can give that will help you help me :/

Level 39
Are you using a custom loading screen?

If it's been a while and the map was saved with a different version of the editor that may make the map un-loadable by the 1.29 update until the map is opened and saved again with the most recent editor. Drastic enough changes to the game seem to necessitate this, like patch 1.24b when nearly every map was affected. I would make a copy of the map file, open that copy in an updated vanilla WE or WEX and save it again, then run via test map. If you still get nothing there then I'd just start deleting triggers in the copy, saving, and test map-ing repeatedly until you figure out what's causing the crash. If you get rid of all the triggers/custom script (even libraries you've imported) and it's still crashing I'd start deleting preplaced units. Beyond that I don't know what to try.

Level 39
I think actually test map would fail after deleting the custom loading screen if you didn't close and re-open the editor between deleting the import and hitting the test map button. The WE seems to cache deleted imports until you restart it.

Level 39
Maybe invalid rawcode from an ability that used to exist but you deleted. Not sure that would actually cause a crash though, but it could if you had set the level of the ability on the pre-placed unit. That particular instance of it could have been given a custom iitem that no longer exists. Does the crash come back if you place another of those units somewhere else on the map?

Screenshot the unit in the OE and we'll look at it.

Level 39
Bizarre, I don't see anything either. Not too many purple fields there. The only thing that jumps out as being weird in any way is having different hero/unit durations, since I'm pretty sure most buffs don't have reduced duration on heroes like debuffs do.

Only other idea is the color code for some of the tooltips being weird. You put 00 for the alpha instead of ff, and I can't recall ever in my life seeing anyone put anything other than ff for the alpha value. Try replacing your |c00xxyyzz with |cffxxyyzz in any tooltip there's a |c00

Status
Not open for further replies.