• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported custom models crashing my map editor

Level 2
Hey all i got back to mapmaking but im having an issue here that im not sure how to fix. Im trying to make a map with reforged graphics but wenhever i try to import a custom models, the editor crashes and i cant open the map anymore. If i try to load the map with custom models, the editor just hang and crashes after the initial loading. Some people have been telling me to use SD/not use custom models but it defeats the purpose of what im trying to accomplish. Also im on the latest version of the game.

Some people have been telling me to use SD/not use custom models but it defeats the purpose of what im trying to accomplish.
I've heard a lot about this bug but I pretty much ignored the official world editor since Patch 1.33 on August 17th, 2022 when the new folks over there made a new patch that broke tons of stuff because the new folks don't care.

Also im on the latest version of the game.
Isn't this where you went wrong? I heard that some people use 1.32.10 map editor (the last patch made by the same human developers who created Reforged) and then when they develop their maps, they play those maps on the latest patch. Because most of the time the latest game works, and it's just the latest editor that has these problems.

Level 2
I've heard a lot about this bug but I pretty much ignored the official world editor since Patch 1.33 on August 17th, 2022 when the new folks over there made a new patch that broke tons of stuff because the new folks don't care.

Isn't this where you went wrong? I heard that some people use 1.32.10 map editor (the last patch made by the same human developers who created Reforged) and then when they develop their maps, they play those maps on the latest patch. Because most of the time the latest game works, and it's just the latest editor that has these problems.
Any idea how to get 1.32.10 map editor working?

Level 8
Is your map on SD/HD or only HD ?
I had to manually change the type of Texture of custom Reforged Models from SD to HD (mode) in the import manager and it fixed a crashing bug for me

(send me a solution or a program)
Go to the Zezula website, and download the program called MPQ Editor. Then open the .w3m or .w3x map file as if it were .mpq using "All Files". This will show a list of all files inside the map. Then, you can start deleting imported models until the map opens in World Editor again.

Make a backup, so that once you perform the necessary map edits, you can put the models back into the map.

Go to the Zezula website, and download the program called MPQ Editor. Then open the .w3m or .w3x map file as if it were .mpq using "All Files". This will show a list of all files inside the map. Then, you can start deleting imported models until the map opens in World Editor again.

Make a backup, so that once you perform the necessary map edits, you can put the models back into the map.
Thank you very much! I managed to do everything, and the card works =)

Comrades! In my mission on the islands, Rend has a lot of armor!

Attachments

• armor.png
    armor.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 13