• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waygate Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
For some reason, I have the WORST time with waygates. I can very rarely get them to work, and when I do, rarely how I want them to.

My goal for this trigger is, when a certain hero is level 10 or higher enters this area, it moves a portal I have stored elsewhere on the map to the location and enables the waygate just moved and the waygate its respective waygate destination.

For some reason, this does not work. The portal comes, but I can't send any units through it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Waygate Help.png
    Waygate Help.png
    35 KB · Views: 39
Level 9
Hey,

Have you tried enabling the portal only after setting the destination?

I haven't tested, but it seems possible that setting the destination resets its enable/disable status.

Cheers,
I did try that, and it still didn't work. Elsewhere on the map, I've struggled greatly with trying to enable/set waygates after they are moved from their original location. Apparently moving a waygate screws with the enable/setting of it.

Level 25
Yes. Moving way gates bugs the waygate ability (in my test case I moved the waygate away via trigger and I was still able to teleport when I was standing at the original way gate location and right-clicked the waygate - even if the waygate itself was on the other side of the map, I still got teleported).
Is there any reason to move the way gates at all? If you want to prevent players from using them, just disable the waygate and hide it via "Unit - hide unit" action.
  • Neutral Building - Disable waygate_unit
  • Unit - Hide waygate_unit
And unhide:
  • Unit - Unhide waygate_unit
  • Neutral Building - Enable waygate_unit

Status
Not open for further replies.