• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Way Gate Edit

I am looking for a version of the Way Gate that is a floating structure. Please refer to my wonderful drawing.

• The blue sphere is the exact sphere from the vanilla SD Way Gate.
  • The VFX and animations should be identical
  • The three pylons are the curved Elven pieces that you see in the vanilla model
  • The thin lines are a kind of antenna

1690420157012.png

so... You want a floating ring with the horns from the way gate and the blue circle in the middle to be also floating mid-air? should the blue circle be billboarded?
That center part should be identical to the vanilla model, with the VFX and all.

Edit: Sorry, yes it's floating. A mountain giant should be able to walk under it. =)

Last edited:
That's what I came up with
That center part should be identical to the vanilla model, with the VFX and all.

Edit: Sorry, yes it's floating. A mountain giant should be able to walk under it. =)
say no more

Thats what i came up with --> you like it?

ss.pngra.png

Attachments

• Ring_Waygate.mdx
    44 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
There's some kind of issue in game where the portrait background billboard shows until you reveal the unit.

wow, you added some cool stuff onto it.

So the TC background is visible in fog of war?

So I looked at it and saw that the geoset animation's alpha's are all 1 and I used instead scaling from the bone to hide it. MAybe this caused the problem. Try this -->

Attachments

• Ring_Waygate(1).mdx
    45.1 KB · Views: 6
Apologies for the late iteration. I've been looking at it in game. Would you mind adding your ring as shown here (blue box). The orange pieces would be attached to the ring, and float up and down slighly as one piece. The center portion would remain still and unchanged. I started the model work on that idea (attached).

Attachments

• Waygate_Floating.mdx
    30.5 KB · Views: 7
Apologies for the late iteration. I've been looking at it in game. Would you mind adding your ring as shown here (blue box). The orange pieces would be attached to the ring, and float up and down slighly as one piece. The center portion would remain still and unchanged. I started the model work on that idea (attached).

just export and import the geoset?