• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Age Of Mythology - Troy Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all. I have been see a lack of Mythology maps and what not on B.net, so I decided to base a map off one of the best missions off the game - Age Of Mythology. The terrain I have made for the basic layout isn't exact, but It doesn't need to be. Anyway, the story line is pretty easy to understand if you learned/read/watched anything about Troy. You have Three player Controlled Heroes inside the city of Troy and those three players must advance through the city to break down the walls, alive. They will be able to capture catapaults and other materials along the way to the gate. There is a catch though, Troy will be on it's guard once they find out the heroes are out of the Trojan Horse and will be looking for them. The heroes will have some men to help with any large patrols.

Heres the basic Income idea.

Income

Troy will have veins of Gold inside their city walls. The veins will have lots of gold but you can only build so many miners.

For the Greeks, they will have bases outside the Gates of Troy but will only gain them once the gate is destroyed. They will find gold coins and other things along the way.

Edit: Gold is mined from Gold Mines, for I have an error with my original idea.

The Greeks basicly gain the whole outer area outside of Troy once the gate falls and by that time, the three heroes SHOULD get away from the gate because of Troys reinforcements. The Trojans should gain as much income as possible and prepare for when the gate falls or try to stop the heroes.

Heroes will be easy to kill if the three players do not help eachother.

The Trojans should gang up on the heroes to do full damage and stop the gate from falling, but most likely the gate WILL fall due to low defense inside.

That is all I have for now. Any ideas you can add or change it around will be helpful, Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 4
Nice to see another AoM fan! I have started doing terrain already for this map already and hope to get more done on it. The terrain is my own way of how troy and what not should look like, but everything else is purely AoM. Will update this once I have more done.

Level 1
For the Greeks, they will have bases outside the Gates of Troy but will only gain them once the gate is destroyed. They will find gold coins and other things along the way.
By the Greeks are you referring to the 3 heroes or the forces for which they destroy the gates?

Heroes will be easy to kill if the three players do not help eachother.
Meaning that this map can be played in multiplayer?

Are you thinking of making this map's Troy side with a full base or heroes?

Level 4
By the Greeks are you referring to the 3 heroes or the forces for which they destroy the gates?

Meaning that this map can be played in multiplayer?

Are you thinking of making this map's Troy side with a full base or heroes?

1. Yes, the Greeks are the heroes/invaders and the Trojans are the defenders.

2. Yes, it is meant for Multiplayer only and Troy will be a full city with proper heroes/commanders for each player who are the Trojans.

Status
Not open for further replies.