• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water Pathing Help: Units walk Underwater!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, Ive been using the jassnewgen editor, and now my normal units can simply walk underneath deep water, despite them having normal collision sizes and not having the "amphiious" (or any onther naval walking type) movement. Please help, as this ruins everything :(

Maps ive had from before JAssnewgen have the same problem, every single map I have, even new ones, have this problem. Ive tried using WE Unlimited, and the default normal world editor, and jassnewgen, but nothing helps.

Please, any help?

Level 20
Update JassNewGen :) You can try opening with common WE; saving, and then reopen with JassNewGen. Maybe the file is corrupt.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The relationship between water and water pathing is superficial and generated by the editor. The actual water mesh and pathing maps are completly separated meaning that this is easilly possible.

The solution is to paint water pathing on the pathing map at the same map position as the water you want water pathable. This can be done manually be editing the files. It also should be done automatically by the editor but that can sometimes bug.

If your editor has bugged the water pathing that should be automatically placed on tiles which have a surface lower than the water plane then you will need to get it to refresh that area. This can be done by temporarilly modifying cliffs around the selected patch of water and possibly altering the actual area of the water.

Level 4
The relationship between water and water pathing is superficial and generated by the editor. The actual water mesh and pathing maps are completly separated meaning that this is easilly possible.

The solution is to paint water pathing on the pathing map at the same map position as the water you want water pathable. This can be done manually be editing the files. It also should be done automatically by the editor but that can sometimes bug.

If your editor has bugged the water pathing that should be automatically placed on tiles which have a surface lower than the water plane then you will need to get it to refresh that area. This can be done by temporarilly modifying cliffs around the selected patch of water and possibly altering the actual area of the water.

Thank you but where to I go to edit these files, what do I do with them?

For other people, Ive already opened Normal WE and saved a map than reopend it again after, and I have the newest version of Jassnewgen
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You use an MPQ editor to extract the .wpm file and then edit it using a hex editor or another very precise editior.

I still advise trying to modify the cliff settings around the water area. Most people report this fixing the pathing relationship inconsistency.

Level 4
I had this same issue a year ago, a member was nice enough to take a look but the couldn't find out what was wrong. He sent me the map back in his reply opening it in Newgen caused the same issue, however if I opened it in wc3 and the pathing worked. Re-install Newgen (Delete all the files) and download a whole new one and use that to open and test your map. One thing to keep in mind also is some anti-viruses see parts of Newgen as threats try turning yours off when you do this if you have one.

I'm unsure if this is your issue, but it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.