• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warsong gulch

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Solecompany
This is the first map i made,
it is a melee version of the warsong gulch from in wow

Please comment...

Keywords:
world, of, warcraft, warsong, gulch, night elf, night elfs, orcs, orc, grom, hellscream, barrens, ashenvale
Contents

Warsong gulch (Map)

Reviews
10:02, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: Low quality melee map, AProject had mentioned and put screenshots of what needs to be improved. Rejected. Use EpicWar for maps like this.

M

10:02, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Low quality melee map, AProject had mentioned and put screenshots of what needs to be improved. Rejected. Use EpicWar for maps like this.

Level 31
Incredibly bad made terrain. Neutral Buildings are not protected by creeps, like a Gold Mine or other Gold Mine protected by only two low level creeps - not good. Item drop inbalance. Palyer 1 has too low amount of trees around it, so it's almost not possible to receive Lumber, Player 2 has low amount too, but not that low as Player 1. A Gold Mine on the path of the only way to contact with enemy, how are you going to receive gold from there where enemy goes through all the time? All creeps was set randomly way. Poor description at hiveworshop, you could add such description as Map Description here or even more of story.

And one more thing.. Lol.. I've never seen such a thing as this one in the screenshot I made. Start using Ramp at Terrain Palette or something, because this looks way too primitive, rofl.

mistake3hr2.jpg

Here's with Ramps.
mistake3rampld7.jpg

mistake3remakean3.jpg

Which way of passage is better? Lol.

I see that it's your first map, so I cannot bash you, you're learning. I will rate this map by 1/5 only because of too low amount of trees. I hope you'll improve youself easily and if you would fix all stuff I mentioned, rating will increase if I won't discover new errors because I'm sure that I told not all.

Last edited:
Level 2
Things that can be improved

I havn't played the map, but just opened it in World Editor and quickly saw things that could be improved:

- 2 or 3 paths leading inside the bases, instead of 1 as it is now
- More space to move at the middle
- Try to make the start locations look more like the fortresses in Warsong Gulch, instead of just flat hills
- More building space in the bases
- More trees at the Barrens part (Horde)

Make the whole map look more like WoWs Warsong Gulch, as it does not at the moment