• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hmm. After playing the "In Utter Darkness" for like the 5th time on Brutal(Yes, I am a show-off I am), I just keep wondering on where do they warp the structures from if the other remaining places in the universe was already "consumed" by The Dark One(a.k.a Dr. Super Awesoam).

So how does warping work?

Trolling is prohibited, your troll argument is invalid.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You have no place to hide and nowhere to run!

As for the warping matter... no one entrily knows...

Just like how could you keep warping in new carriers from the stargate if there are no more protoss. Any why it cost gas and minerals (no one would care about cost).

I recon that his awesome quotes ment the main protoss empire was crushed and that was the last resistance they could muster. There may have been rouge carriers still flying aimlessly around as well as zealots and troops stuck waiting to be warped in. The buildings may have come from abbandoned settlements or were stuck in warp space.

It makes about as much sense as how you could still use void rays against him. I believe those things are meant to suck energy from the void itself which in turn is basiclly tapping his power (the power of the void) so he probably could have blocked such power flowing.

The whole reason StarCraft works is that the protoss are mysterious. Even in the campaign it is meant to be that the terrans know nearly nothing about them and why they do stuff. I suspect a lot of what the protoss do is based upon what the xelnaga told them to do which results in a lot of inefficiency and waste. Thus how stetman made automated refinaries and how the terrans can call down mules to harvest faster than many probes.

Ultimatly, the war technology of the terrans would exceeded that of the protoss. Terrans however are not worthy to use such power and in return that is why they are creating hybrids which would ultimatly destroy them.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Alternatively, the matter used for buildings could have been warped in from Nexuses or something, I don't know about units.
Notice that in 2504, four years after Brood War, the Protoss had changed their technology significantly. The events of the apocalyptic vision came to pass in 2512, so they could have modified their tech by then. New stuff did not appear in "In Utter Darkness" because it was one mission out of over twenty-five, and Blizzard wouldn't develop stuff for only a single mission.
Just my theory.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It was ment to be a vision. It is well possible that protoss visions are limited to showing outcomes rather than implimentations so as to prevent them from copying their own future technology in the past.

Additionally it was meant to be the protoss and terran were being heavilly hammered all the time till the end which was that battle so no new technology might have been able to be devleoped. Remember that the future shown there will never come to be as Kerrigan never does die which was the reason how the hybrid were controlling the zerg.

Level 13
I think the simplest explanation is gameplay taking priority over story/sense.

That or they are stealing them from the Dark Voice's big secret stash of Protoss things.

Last edited:
Level 27
Erm as I recall, units can be stuck in Warp core matrix, too. remember when in that mission with Overmind corpse you built a pylon next to warp-gate and two zealots and templar warped in and thanked you for saving them from beeing trapped in the matrix.

Also, that fortress is the last protoss structure in at least somewhat meaningful on their planet. I mean, remember they can't build any more dragoons just because the structure producing them was lost on Aiur?
so if they loose the shakuras too, their become completely powerless, having nothing mroe than Zealots, Observers and Phoenixes. well, not exaclt only those units, but just, well, they would be very limited since most of units are produced only on specific planets or whatever.

Level 14
New stuff did not appear in "In Utter Darkness" because it was one mission out of over twenty-five, and Blizzard wouldn't develop stuff for only a single mission.
Just my theory.

What about that Diamond vehicule ? They are only usefull in 1 mission where they are presented... aka the train robbery. Otherwise I found them useless, since they are a mobile harras unit and harras is not reall effective in campaign missions.

I mean, remember they can't build any more dragoons just because the structure producing them was lost on Aiur?

I thought that Dragoons evolved to Immortals, I mean the technology.

well im not an expert on lore, but i would guess that they built most of their structures off of there homeworld, and on asteroids n whatnot.. meaning there still available even if the homeworld where most of the non-combatants lived was destroyed..
also i believe i recall the primary toss army not being on aiur when it was invaded.. so maybe theres those troops

also who said its from another place.. maybe its from another time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.