• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue with the movement of units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! This is my first time posting here but I was hoping to reach out to other map creators in regards of an issue that I am facing with a map I have been working on.
To make a long story short, the map is like a 1v1 MoBA-styled battleground where you select from a varied of heroes each with custom units and towers and try to take down the opponent's structures with jungle camps off lane.
The problem that I am facing is that after adding in my Crypt Lord hero and it's units and trying to playtest the map, I am unable to move any of my units ingame, sometimes they warp around a few times before freezing in place. I can still click on them easily and try to command them to move but they seem to be stuck behind something all the sudden?
I would really love to be able to fix this issue I am having and finish my map, I have it linked to this thread too so you can download it and see the issue yourself.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• War of the Demonlords.w3x
    481.8 KB · Views: 40
Level 8
Hello! This is my first time posting here but I was hoping to reach out to other map creators in regards of an issue that I am facing with a map I have been working on.
To make a long story short, the map is like a 1v1 MoBA-styled battleground where you select from a varied of heroes each with custom units and towers and try to take down the opponent's structures with jungle camps off lane.
The problem that I am facing is that after adding in my Crypt Lord hero and it's units and trying to playtest the map, I am unable to move any of my units ingame, sometimes they warp around a few times before freezing in place. I can still click on them easily and try to command them to move but they seem to be stuck behind something all the sudden?
I would really love to be able to fix this issue I am having and finish my map, I have it linked to this thread too so you can download it and see the issue yourself.

Thanks in advance!

I will try to have a look at your triggers later when I have the time, but right off the top of my head, this sounds an awful lot like memory leak. Typically, the first signs of a really bad memory leak, is that units pause before carrying out orders that they've been issued. When it's bad enough, they start more or less freezing in place. Now, you do use the word "warp" as in instantaneous movement, which isn't typically how that manifests, so it could be something else entirely, if you that's what you meant with this word. It can also be a ton of other things messing with the pathing or etc, but it's hard to say without knowing any details about this change you've made to your map. The real question here would be:

What have you added alongside the Crypt Lord hero? Does he have any triggers associated with him, that the others do not? If so, have you tried to disable them and see if the problem stops? This could be absolutely anything, regardless of how trivial it may seem to you.

Level 2
I had a problem like that, Pyroclasm and Dr. Feel Good told me if you use the events like the ones below in too many triggers it breaks the pathfinding.
  • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
  • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
A good solution is to combine triggers and just use the action below for each unit
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
Another solution is to use this event below instead if your able to
  • Unit - A unit Sells a unit

Last edited:
Level 2
I had a problem like that, Pyroclasm and Dr. Feel Good told me if you use the events like the ones below in too many triggers it breaks the pathfinding.
  • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
  • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
A good solution is to combine triggers and just use the action below for each unit
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
Another solution is to use this event below instead if your able to
  • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
I am happy to say that this fixed the issue I was having! I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.